cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Bell landline to cell

edmund448
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have gone to the change phone number tab and entered my phone number for the check and then filled in the porting form. I then hit send and the whirly thing goes around for a while and then stops. How do I know if the form has been received by the PublicMobile porting team. There is nothing showing on my account or the change phone number page that indicates the form has been accepted

10 REPLIES 10

edmund448

The number is still active though no phone in house. I will wait a few days to see if it transfers. Thanks for info.

edmund448

Account is still active, though no phone in house anymore. Thanks for the info, I will wait a few days to see if the number transfers

edmund448

Thank you, the number now showing is my old landline, my understanding is it can take a week or so to transfer.

Brand new here, so learning bit by bit.

@edmund448 wrote:

Thanks, the issue I have is I entered all the info requested but dont know if it went anywhere, there is no confirmation or message saying your request has been received

@edmund448  That's is why I'm asking you to check your number via selfserve. I'm assuming that you already have a PM account setup with a temporary PM number. Is that correct? 

Edit: Porting is a two stage process. Once you request the port PM will assign that number to you existing account. At this point you will be able to make calls and send text using the Bell number but you will not be able to receive call or texts until Bell releases the number that could take a week to complete.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your bell phone account still active? If it happens that the port didn't work and you are given another number with public mobile, you can put in the request again to port your bell landline number over to them. 

Here is a link to contact a moderator via private message. It can take aproximately 48 hours to get a reply, so be patient.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You will receive a text on your phone when the port is successfully completed.

edmund448

Thanks, the issue I have is I entered all the info requested but dont know if it went anywhere, there is no confirmation or message saying your request has been received

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@edmund448 wrote:

I have gone to the change phone number tab and entered my phone number for the check and then filled in the porting form. I then hit send and the whirly thing goes around for a while and then stops. How do I know if the form has been received by the PublicMobile porting team. There is nothing showing on my account or the change phone number page that indicates the form has been accepted

@edmund448  Hit the back button. What happens? Best to login to your selfserve account and click on the Plan & Add-ons tab. What number does it show? If it's you Bell number then the port was accepted. Please note that landline port take up to a week to complete so you need to be patient.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It has been said that porting land lines take longer, like 48 hours. I received a text when my port was complete.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@edmund448 wrote:

You will usually recieve a text by them when the port is complete, else wise you'll need to contact the @purelyscott 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Looks like it's a porting issue which only a moderator can help with. You will have to message them. 

Need Help? Let's chat.