cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfering my Number from kood to public mobile

zubairahmedgmtt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my public mobile sim card, however i am unable to transfer my old koodo number on the new public mobile sim, can some one guide me step by step whether how to transfer my number from koodo to public mobile.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

MikeTo

so this has been an issue for over 2 years and it hasn’t been fixed yet. I am a new customer and find this very frustrating, can’t get hold of an agent, everyone is busy so basically go away 

@zubairahmedgmtt wrote:

Thanks alot

I have sent a message to the moderator, hopefully i get any thing new other then the same steps to follow and post a question in the community.

Hi @zubairahmedgmtt good to know that you have contacted the Moderator Team.  and no, the moderators will not send you back to the community forums lol

Ok porting your number from Koodo, you have to activate your sim card (which you had already done) and get a new number.  After activation, you need to create a Community Account so you can contact the Moderator Team to port your number.  You cannot port your number during activation because all porting from Telus/Koodo need to get a new number, and then contact the moderators to port their number.  Dem's da rules!

From https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

transferring number from telus koodo.png

I hope you hear back from the moderators soon.

RosieR

@zubairahmedgmtt wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply, i followed the Chat bot, it takes me to Submit a ticket option, when i try to submit a ticket, it requires a login, there an error occurs while logging into the community

I must say Public mobile is the biggest scam, no customer service, no help, no clear steps to follow 

@zubairahmedgmtt ,

You are getting a log in issue when submitting the ticket...have you ever created your SELF SERVE account?

You can register for one here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then ticketing process should be able to authenticate you.

But you still need the Moderators to port your Koodo number to Public Mobile, so stick with that.

Good luck

@zubairahmedgmtt 

Don't worry I hate simon too....it is the preferred method to contact the moderators and faster apparently.....but  i stick to private messaging. Follow up your initial private message with the following so that the moderator team has all the info they need to move forward on porting your number from koodo.

1. Your full name and address or province and postal code on your pm account.
  2. Your temporary pm phone #, email address and pin #.
  3. Your koodo phone # to be ported.
  4. Full name on your koodo account and account#.

Keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen (the envelope icon next to your avatar) for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Welcome to public mobile!

you should get a reply quick.. just keep checking the inbox.

@zubairahmedgmtt Don’t know why you indicated PM is a scam. The reason for the low cost for PM plans is because it is all self serve to reduce staff and cost. 
You could have gone to Walmart, London Drugs or The Mobile Shop in Loblaws if you want them to setup up porting from Koodo. But you will probably loss all the promotion discounts.

zubairahmedgmtt

Thanks alot

I have sent a message to the moderator, hopefully i get any thing new other then the same steps to follow and post a question in the community.

@zubairahmedgmtt wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply, i followed the Chat bot, it takes me to Submit a ticket option, when i try to submit a ticket, it requires a login, there an error occurs while logging into the community

I must say Public mobile is the biggest scam, no customer service, no help, no clear steps to follow 

@zubairahmedgmtt   You can try this link for a private message to Moderator_Team: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

PM isn't a scam but it can be confusing sometimes when first getting started here.  Welcome to PM btw!

Edit:  Please read the link I posted earlier regarding porting, especially for Koodo/Telus.

zubairahmedgmtt

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@zubairahmedgmtt wrote:

I activated my public mobile sim card, however i am unable to transfer my old koodo number on the new public mobile sim, can some one guide me step by step whether how to transfer my number from koodo to public mobile.

Thanks

@zubairahmedgmtt   You'll need to contact moderators either via chatbot bubble bottom right and follow prompts or click the envelope icon top right and private message Moderator_Team, in both cases type in "Port Request".

Here's an article with further details for porting in from Telus or Koodo: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

@zubairahmedgmtt wrote:

Please go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and type "port request".  Ensure that you have your Koodo account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.