cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfer to MP from Koodo

Jingyuan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend is planning to transfer to MP from Koodo. She would like to know how to process it. Any store in Oakville can make it? Or online or phone call to handle     

it?

6 REPLIES 6

BITTERBATISTA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just purchased a SIM from my local London Drugs and did the activation and port myself online. It only took half an hour to do both mine and my husbands' lines from Koodo. If you are postpaid with Koodo and you want to port your number you need to set up a new number temporarily and then once your account is set up go into your settings and select 'change number' to do the port. My only complaint was it wasn't clear where to do the port as the instructions still stated to phone Public (this service has been deactivated). For Koodo prepaid you need to message a Moderator I believe. 

Swqeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can go to any Telus or koodo store and they will set it up for you right there.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Jingyuan Make sure she keeps her Koodo account active until the number has been ported, if the account is inactive she won't be able to port the number.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jingyuan wrote:

My friend is planning to transfer to MP from Koodo. She would like to know how to process it. Any store in Oakville can make it? Or online or phone call to handle     

it?

Prepaid: Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

Postpaid: Standard process, as directed in self-serve OR in-store - Make sure you adhere to the following criteria, as many as possible:

• No outstanding balance (For all released bills)
  • Account number, exact holder name, support PIN (Even though PM only needs 2 of 3, it's good to have all 3)
  • Be patient!

If more than 24 hours then ask a mod.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cavemantoronto  If your friend is on Koodo postpaid, he/she can activate on Public Mobile online (sim card required) or in-store. If in store, your friend can go to Wow-mobile, the mobile shop, walmart, london drugs or any authorized koodo store. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Jingyuan wrote:

it?

Koodo postpaid can be done yourself. If coming to Public Mobile, from Koodo prepaid, you need to get Public Mobile moderator to do it.

Need Help? Let's chat.