cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranfer minutes

Shar92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I have my mintes transferred along with my phone number from my chatr? I just activated them yesterday and it cost $55 with taxes. Can I switch to your company but my first payment come from the minutes i bought yesterday? 

9 REPLIES 9

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Shar92, wow, $55 with taxes? Didn't you do your homework? It took me almost  1 year going back and forth, and then more back and forth. I finally had enough with Fido, and I wished I did the switch 3 years ago versus waiting so long. 

Public Mobile is the place to be. You can get everything and more, with many benefits with rewards such as autopay, loyalty, referrals and just helping one another out. 

Wait for the time is right. I would strongly suggest when you make the switch, don't leave it at the last minute. Give yourself a day or two. To port over to Public Mobile, your phone needs to be active with Chatr. And make sure you get yourself a Public Mobile sim card too. 

If you know anyone with a Public Mobile account, you can ask them for a referral code so that you can get a $10 credit for yourself.

Setting up your mobile device is quite easy I think by doing it yourself. Besides the community and the moderators, we can help you with this. But, I found, if you take things so and easy, you be fine! 

All the best, and looking forward to seeing you join the ranks of Public Mobile!

m

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Shar92 

Out of curiosity,.. why would you be changing companies after an entire 24 hours with your current provider? I can understand people’s needs changing or what various companies offer changing with time. But typically one sticks around for more than 24 hours after they complete their research and make a move!

AE_Collector

@Shar92 

If you prepaid for the Chatr they almost certainly won't give you refund, might as well stick with them for the month and use it up. If you want to join PM then keep an eye on PM's front page and Announcements forum to catch any deals or promos which might appear.

Signing up with PM requires an unlocked phone (bring your own), a PM SIM card ($10), and first 30 days for a PM plan ($15+) paid up front to activate. Number port is free but can take minutes or hours or days (usually no more than 2 business days, a maximum of up to 10 business days) and requires the number to be active during this time. No need to worry about number port if you just want to select any available number from the pool.

PM is operated by Telus, Chatr is operated by Rogers, same business but different companies. They don't refund prepaid funds and they don't transfer customer accounts (or unused funds, minutes, etc attached to them).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

"Can I have my mintes transferred along with my phone number from my chatr? I just activated them yesterday and it cost $55 with taxes. Can I switch to your company but my first payment come from the minutes i bought yesterday? "

@Shar92  You can have you number ported when you signup but unfortunately you will lose your minutes. Best to use you Chatr minutes for the month and then signup to Public at that time.

@Shar92  If you definitely plan to switch this month, early next month to PM. You should buy your SIM card and scroll down here to  sign up for deal alertshttps://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans . This way you are ready for any that may arise.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Shar92 

It's best if you use it all up there and transfer here on about 25 days

Who knows maybe we will even have done good promotion and bonus by then.

We didn't have a promotion for over 2 months now, sometimes it's 2nd month free, sometimes it's next 6 months $10 off, sometimes you get extra data or free data add-on, frequently Walmart gives free sim with activation in store and they can help with the number transfer at that point

Welcome to public mobile

Shar92,

The number can be transferred but the plan, minutes add-ons, or balance from Chatr cannot be. The number that you have from Chatr must be from a city that Telus Mobility also has numbers allocated for.

Chatr will not give you any refund.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can transfer your number but not what you paid to ChatR.

Buy a sim activated your account with a temporary number then contact moderators to port your chatr number over. Choose a plan that you want and pay for it after your chatr r plan is nearing the end.

you must keep chatr account active and in good standing to port your number over.

Normally you could port automatically but they're doing upgrades to the port system which is why you would have to contact them.

However that might change by the time you're ready to come over to Public Mobile.

If it does change back by then follow the port guide below.   

Port Guide click here 

Shar92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I want to switch to this company from chatr but I just activated my new minutes yesterday can they be transferred along with my number?
Need Help? Let's chat.