cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Totally frustrated with setup process

Sorry @Pam2071 

There is an announcement staying that until further notice porting from selfserve is suspended (temporarily)

There had been so much sim jacking and I believe that is the reason. Once they have better protection in place it will probably resume.

It's also very good idea to talk to us before, we may have info that is buried in the pile of announcements. There was a chance that somebody would have warned you if you mentioned it was important to port the same day.

Consider getting an alternative phone number with TextNow or fongo, both are great services and you will appreciate them even more if you travel, our international roaming is non existent just USA.

To reach mods directly use https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just set up my service with public mobile and it was quite simple and easy. I felt the alternative phone number was odd but put one in. The rest was history and I’ve got my service set up in 25 minutes. Sorry you had a more experience. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Pam2071 You cant give up and waste a SIM like that. I suggest downloading Fongo or TextNow and use that number as your alternative number. Public Mobile will never even call your alternative number they send an email or a txt message to your old number if anythig goes wrong. Alternate numbers are just needed in case they need to contact you. Mostly Every carrier will request a alternative number to port so you cant blame this on Public. You cant give up and say its a hassle because you don't want to put an Alternate number.

Like suggest above there are ways around this. Even ways where you dont need to use a friends or relatives number. But if its too much of a hassle then enjoy the high prices.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite  and everyone else.....are you absolutely sure you need an alternate number? The bf did not put one in when he ported last August and there were no issues......ive always used one but he didnt even want to use mine......unless things have changed.

@Pam2071 

Just make one up if you dont want to use one....,im sure @Nezgar can give you a good one to use! (Hes our resident voicemail guru) Trust me youll want to save the money! Ive activated 12 people with no issues....except my second line which was a comically bad nightmare but i remember specifically @Luddite  and @ChuckYeah  helping me thru all six hours of it! And guess what....as of two days ago they both cost me $0 per month and today is day 360! Woohoo loyalty kicks in!

Highlighted
Oracle

@darlicious Nope, not 100% certain an Alternate number is necessary. Just never been willing to risk failure when any phone number will do.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

I would say no then....bf's activation went smoothly the number was ported in less than 5 min.