cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topped up plan on the 19th, still not working

franskarlsson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi! I topped up my plan on the 19th (by using a voucher bought at Shoppers Drugmart).
Today it's the 23nd, and I still can't use my phone. This is very frustrating, especially since my next payment is due on Aug 17th, and I won't even be able to get a full month for the money I've paid.

It's not the first time that it takes one or two days for my plan to reactivate, although my partner never has the same issue with her plan. I need this to be resolved, or I'll have to switch to another company. Public Mobile can't possibly expect their customers to pay for days when their plan doesn't work.

On my account it says that it's active, but after restarting the phone a few times the last days, data and calls are still off.

What should I do? Could it be that my SIM is damaged and I need to order a new one?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, the $1 payment would be via credit card or a VisaDebit, but you're paying with a voucher normally, you could get a small amount ($5 or $10) and use that, the value should all go to Available Balance, as you've topped up already.  So you're just putting funds in, not actually using them until next renewal.

Talk is part of your plan, right?  Which plan are you on?  You didn't mistakenly change to a data-only or a no-talk plan by mistake?

I believe you can make a payment anyway you like. But if you have a working credit card on file that's the best. If you do it by voucher you're likely looking at more money than a dollar.

It's in self service under payment. It has worked before.

franskarlsson

When I try to make a phone call, I get the info that long distance calls aren't covered by my plan.

franskarlsson

@stonechucker you're right, there's nothing wrong with the voucher itself.

I tried suspending the service and reactivate it like you said, but it didn't work.

When you write top up $1, I'm not sure how you mean. Is that something I have to do with a credit card?

Thanks a lot for the help!

@Triguy wrote:

There has been an issue with vouchers from Shoppers Dug Mart.

Contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

This isn't a voucher issue - the plan has been topped up, and shows status as active.

@franskarlsson, sign in to the My Account site, go to the Plans & Addons tab, then subtab Lost/Stolen Phone.  Press to 'suspend status', and sign out of My Account.

Wait 5-10 minutes, sign back in, proceed to same tabs, and press reactivate.

While waiting, power off, and restart your device.

Another option to try if that fails, top up $1 as a manual one-time payment - this has also jumpstarted the reactivation for some.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy  the voucher was accepted and the account is active

@franskarlsson try the lost stolen trick or 1$ trick

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

If these fail ask mods to invesrigate

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There has been an issue with vouchers from Shoppers Dug Mart.

Contact a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.