cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took sim out

GeoffO1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. 
my wife and I are in Turkey for another month. We bought SIM cards to put into our devices, and for some reason our devices were locked (shouldn't have been). Anyways.., we put back in our public mobile sims, and now we cannot activate our devices, since public mobile doesn't have coverage here. (No imessage) Are we hooped until we get back to where we have coverage? (I know we can use WhatsApp as well)

I receive iMessages regularly and hoped to continue to get them for work and friends. 

8 REPLIES 8

@GeoffO1 wrote:

iMessage won't return on wifi..., that's my issue. When I go into my settings, under iMessage, the number isn't connecting to the phone. Wondering if it won't until return to Canada. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I know it's late to try and help you with this problem. If you are still wishing to use iMessage only on wifi go to Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON >> Send & Receive: uncheck everything except for your Apple account email address. This will force all iMessages to route via your Apple account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@GeoffO1There is a good chance that your phone is being actively filtered by Turkey that's why you can't connect to Apple Messages. They do have censorship.

GeoffO1

iMessage won't return on wifi..., that's my issue. When I go into my settings, under iMessage, the number isn't connecting to the phone. Wondering if it won't until return to Canada. 🤷🏼‍♂️

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately, there are no International roaming plans offered by PM. Only to the US.

@buchii wrote:

PM sim unlock is 1234. Try that.

You should be able to receive messages, but you will not be able to send messages or make phone calls or use mobile data.

A small error.  Outside Canada and US, you will not be able to receive texts at all internationally.  If Wifi, you can use imesssage, whats up, etc.  

buchii

PM sim unlock is 1234. Try that.

You should be able to receive messages, but you will not be able to send messages or make phone calls or use mobile data.

s_shard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When did you first get your Public a Mobile plan?  All phone plans activated after December 2017 should not lock your phone to a carrier.

Here’s a link on how to unlock your Public Mobile phone:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-to-unlock-my-public-mobile-cellph...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@GeoffO1 

You should be fine when you come back to Canada where there is PM service.

You should try to reboot with the PM SIM card inside the phone. 

Have you tried connecting to Wifi, then your imessage should work.  

Need Help? Let's chat.