cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many email notifications

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I received hundreds of email notifications in a couple of hours today after replying to the post regarding "Win $100 Amazon gift card" anouncement. It becomes annoying as I only have limited data. How can I cancel the email notification? Do I have to manually uncheck each reply for "email me when someone replies" or can I just do one "unsubscribe" and stop all the email notification from PM? Would that "unsubstription" have any negative impact to my self-serve account? 

4 REPLIES 4

cat2019

Thanks! 

@Purplepan wrote:

By default, when you reply, below the post button is a checkbox that says "Email me when someone replies". If you want to stop getting emails, go to the topic, go to "Topic Options" near the top, and "Unsubscribe".

Unsubscribing to a thread won't affect self service. It stops notifications to our community account and stops email notifications.

Thanks! Next time I will make sure to unsubscribe any announcement topic to avoid tons of email notifications.

cat2019

@dabr wrote:

@cat2019 wrote:

I received hundreds of email notifications in a couple of hours today after replying to the post regarding "Win $100 Amazon gift card" anouncement. It becomes annoying as I only have limited data. How can I cancel the email notification? Do I have to manually uncheck each reply for "email me when someone replies" or can I just do one "unsubscribe" and stop all the email notification from PM? Would that "unsubstription" have any negative impact to my self-serve account? 

@cat2019   That will happen whenever you respond to any posts on the forum as you will be susbscribed by default to any threads you post with.

Click your avatar and select 'my subscriptions', then select the post you don't to hear from again and click on 'email subscriptions options' and select 'delete selected subscription'.

You can just select to not to be subscribed to receive any notifications for any postings in the 'preference' under 'my settings' options too.

Thanks! I followed the instructions and unsubscribed from the topic already.

Purplepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

By default, when you reply, below the post button is a checkbox that says "Email me when someone replies". If you want to stop getting emails, go to the topic, go to "Topic Options" near the top, and "Unsubscribe".

Unsubscribing to a thread won't affect self service. It stops notifications to our community account and stops email notifications.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@cat2019 wrote:

@cat2019   That will happen whenever you respond to any posts on the forum as you will be susbscribed by default to any threads you post with.

Click your avatar and select 'my subscriptions', then select the post you don't to hear from again and click on 'email subscriptions options' and select 'delete selected subscription'.

You can just select to not to be subscribed to receive any notifications for any postings in the 'preference' under 'my settings' options too.

Need Help? Let's chat.