cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toll free numbers on Canada unlimited talk

cindy545
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I am trying to not incurr charges and don't quite understand whether I will be charged with 1-8XX numbers especially when I have to call the Canadian government. What I tried to do was find the origin and I do find some of these numbers are based in U.S.

Will I charged?

Can anybody advise on where to reliably find the origin of the call?

Thanks in advance for any help 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

Aton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmo wrote:

@Aton i initially missed the title on the topic which said unlimited Canada calling.

Your and my question earlier are moot in this situation.   As for what happens when you are on a limited plan and call a you free, I'm not sure with regards to minutes consumed.

OIC.  Thanks!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aton i initially missed the title on the topic which said unlimited Canada calling.

Your and my question earlier are moot in this situation.   As for what happens when you are on a limited plan and call a you free, I'm not sure with regards to minutes consumed.

Aton
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hmm... Wouldn't OP uses up all his/her 50 mins ($10/50mins plan) while put on hold waiting for the next available customer service representative?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Toll free numbers as implied by the name is unique in that the receiver pays for the call instead of the caller.  There should never be a charge regardless of the warning messages.  Being a prepaid service, there will never be a charge for something that is not pre-purchased. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@cindy545 what plan are you on?

I ask because i don't recall how calling 1800 numbers are dealt with on the 10$ 50 min plan.

I was trying to figure if the OP was implying that but it seems like it's really a question about extra charges.

Edit: 🙂 oh wait...I see the subject line now.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cindy545 what plan are you on?

I ask because i don't recall how calling 1800 numbers are dealt with on the 10$ 50 min plan.

Edit: Nevermind i missed the last part of the subject.  Thanks @Anonymous.  But am curious if anyone on the 50 min plan has experience with 1800 numbers.

@

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You will not be charged for anything outside of the plan and any addons you pay for in advance. PM does not charge extra fees, for overage/long distance/ect, you just can't use anything that is not already in your plan.

If you want the origin of the call you can use google as @Lieux suggested or try a reverse phone directory.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You will not be charged because it's a prepaid service @cindy545 to find the origin of the call you can try google...Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.