cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toll free number

guyng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm trying to make a toll free number call 1-877-  and I can connect and talk for a bit but during the conversation, I eventually get disconnected and get a message saying I need a Public Mobile long distance plan to make the call.  I am on a unlimited provincial calling plan. Why would I need a long distance plan to make a toll free call?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@guyngIs the 877 number you are calling US based or Canada based? Not all US based toll free numbers allow North America wide calling. Basically the company that operates the toll free line can limit toll free only from calls originates in the US only.

bhavpate4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

must be some kind of error. try to contact moderator and they will pass it to their IT team.

hope this helps

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@guyng wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to make a toll free number call 1-877-  and I can connect and talk for a bit but during the conversation, I eventually get disconnected and get a message saying I need a Public Mobile long distance plan to make the call.  I am on a unlimited provincial calling plan. Why would I need a long distance plan to make a toll free call?

Thanks!

@guyng  Gooc point, you should be able to make that call and not get disconnected. Best to message the moderators and ask them to check your account.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.