cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Told I can't make calls because its long distance

 

I've had a phone set up for about a year now. Since I set it up it has worked well but two days ago I started to get a " im sorry we could not complete your call because this is a long distance call and you need to have an add on. call 611 to buy a long distance add on"  the thing is I know all of my numbers are local calls, Im in the same place and area that Ive always made these calls in the past and Ive tried manually dialing the numbers with and without a "1" in front of them. It automatically hangs up on me after the message so I can't  ignore it. I just cant make calls at all. Ive tried calling the phone from another and It goes straight to voicemail. Ive reset the phone numerous times and every taken out the sim and reinserted it. 

 

any Ideas what to do next ? 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance


@intlsew wrote:

 

I've had a phone set up for about a year now. Since I set it up it has worked well but two days ago I started to get a " im sorry we could not complete your call because this is a long distance call and you need to have an add on. call 611 to buy a long distance add on"  the thing is I know all of my numbers are local calls, Im in the same place and area that Ive always made these calls in the past and Ive tried manually dialing the numbers with and without a "1" in front of them. It automatically hangs up on me after the message so I can't  ignore it. I just cant make calls at all. Ive tried calling the phone from another and It goes straight to voicemail. Ive reset the phone numerous times and every taken out the sim and reinserted it. 

 

any Ideas what to do next ? 


Do you have a limited calling plan? These are the $10 or $15 plans.

 

If yes, you may have used up all your calling minutes. You can logon your self-serve account to check. If a feature is not listed below, it may have been fully consumed and no longer available for use.

 

You can purchase the $5 calling add-on, you get 500 Canada-wide minutes which will not expire until fully consumed.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance

And maybe confirm where the number you are calling is located and provide the NPA-NNX (area code and exchange)

 

Terry

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance

If you just renewed your plan you should check that it reset your minutes.

 

If your not out of minutes or your account didn't reset. Create a ticket for @Moderator_Team .

 

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance

Yes I thought that might be the case so I opted to upgrade my plan to a $15 plan instead of a $10  plan which would double my minutes from 50-100. I did not choose the option to start this plan at the next cycle and now my balance says $15.00. I did that yesterday and I still have the same issue. even after waiting a day and restarting the phone.  

Mayor / Maire

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance


@intlsew wrote:

Yes I thought that might be the case so I opted to upgrade my plan to a $15 plan instead of a $10  plan which would double my minutes from 50-100. I did not choose the option to start this plan at the next cycle and now my balance says $15.00. I did that yesterday and I still have the same issue. even after waiting a day and restarting the phone.  


Your $15 is still in your Available Funds?

You have to make an immediate plan change and confirm it.

 

Note that when you logon your Self-serve account, you can see on the Overview landing page, which plan you have atm and your status.

 

Btw if you haven't changed plan yet and you still have the $10 plan, you may want to consider keeping it (because it is no longer offered). You can decide whether the $5 add-on for 500 minutes might be a better option for you.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Told I can't make calls because its long distance


@LovesToPM wrote:

@intlsew wrote:

Yes I thought that might be the case so I opted to upgrade my plan to a $15 plan instead of a $10  plan which would double my minutes from 50-100. I did not choose the option to start this plan at the next cycle and now my balance says $15.00. I did that yesterday and I still have the same issue. even after waiting a day and restarting the phone.  


Your $15 is still in your Available Funds?

You have to make an immediate plan change and confirm it.

 

Note that when you logon your Self-serve account, you can see on the Overview landing page, which plan you have atm and your status.

 

Btw if you haven't changed plan yet and you still have the $10 plan, you may want to consider keeping it (because it is no longer offered). You can decide whether the $5 add-on for 500 minutes might be a better option for you.


Bang on thanks!