cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to respond

tazpolish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I initiated a request for number change Monday last week , response  has been dismal as usual with Mods ..this seems to be a on going problem with the Moderators ..Your self serve option to change numbers is not functioning due to system upgrade or what ever reason . How can PM call its self a self service company . when your self serve options are always down ? . 

My years dealing with PM , this has been always an issue ..this is nothing new 

Dont go Blaming COVID ..you dont even have a customer service phone line , so i assume your agent work from home . Things dont ad up here ...a very flawed Business Model Here  , get your business in order   

53 REPLIES 53

tazpolish

Thanks to the Peanut Gallery ...thought it was zero abuse here for posting your issues ..tisk tisk boys

@gblackma wrote:

@tazpolish  so why are you still here then?

Was kinda wondering the same thing myself, but I suspect it's the same reason that MOST people are here, i.e. the price..... if @tazpolish  is SOOOOO pissed-off with the service, what else could possibly be the reason for hangin' around for 4 years! 🤔 

@tazpolish  so why are you still here then?

tazpolish

I've been with them for 4 years and the dismal service has been there since day one ..so what ever excuse they come up with ..doesnt change the fact that their service sucks 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@tazpolish, I wouldn't have waited so long. I give you credit for not saying for 7 days. I would and I hope you have as well re-send a direct message to the moderator team. Sometimes, a little thankfulness and appreciation go a long way. I know Public Mobile moderators have been under the gun and weather with the chaos in this world and with their loved ones. I probably would have lost my cool after 48 hours, so, I give you credit for lasting longer than I would!

Good luck taz, and I do wish the moderators will find that lost ticket and get you on your way! All the best, and speed speed away!

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From what I understand, they had to cut corners to make the price attractive. Customer service is via the forums / community / moderator which is cheaper instead of having a full-blown call centre.

I do hope your issue gets resolved. I also joined recently and had to port in a number and its not yet fully completed. I'm patiently waiting and if it goes by a week and still no progress I will create a post and seek help about it. But for now I know what I signed up for so no biggie.

@tazpolish wrote:

This is a cell phone number change ..Not relevant to the topic 

@tazpolish   Have you retried changing your number with a fresh browser and clearing cache/cookies and using incognito mode as suggested earlier.  Also changing numbers is restricted to once per 30 day cycle so as long this is your first attempt in 30 days you should be able to do it in your self serve account.

I just tried to change numbers in my account and it brings up the list for available numbers.  I tried 3 different provinces, Ontario, Quebec and BC with the same result.

As to the delay in response time from moderators whilst it's not ideal for you or any other customer, we all really do need to have a bit more patience than usual considering that they may be short handed due to staff being ill/impacted from the current pandemic and these aren't exactly normal working conditions for anyone right now.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tazpolish wrote:

How about you resend the request for me ? and see how frustrating it is in person  

I know that SIMon is not the easiest thing to deal with.

SIMon is here to stay.  It makes things better if you learn how to use it.

About moderator response time, we cannot change it with the current situation.  Don't expect same day response which I got 4 weeks ago. 

But if you tell SIMon "port request". 

It will quickly let you submit a moderator support ticket.

@tazpolish 

Yes, PM has reduced staff and longer wait times during COVID-19 scare.

Yes, Self-Serve system upgrade is still causing issues.

Yes, sustained duty loading on the network is causing reduced QoS.

Bad luck and bad timing. And coincidentally the same as the competition right now.

Yes, PM response times are usually 1-2 business days. (And today = Sunday)

Yes, PM has no phone number.

But you already knew these things and still chose PM. Wasn't an issue while it saved you money.

Clear browser cache/cookies, try Self-Serve again, wait an hour or so between attempts. The problem will likely sort itself out if you can be patient.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@tazpolish 

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the ticket.

Not sure, how they work.  We are all customers like you. We just try to give as much info we know to other customers!

However, I do notice from time to time MOD teams actually reply to posts.

I would just wait it out and hopefully, everything will be resolved once they get back to you.

@tazpolish  I cannot speak as why your port request fell through the cracks. We are all human beings here, and mistakes do happen. Have you used the link that I provided to resubmit the port request? Please do. Thanks.

tazpolish

PLEASE

tazpolish

This is a cell phone number change ..Not relevant to the topic 

tazpolish

So you can confirm that the Moderators work from a common office ? And Before COVID what was the reasons for the late reply ?..and please no naive replies  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM offers a different type of support either through the forum or submission of an online ticket.  It usually takes 48 - 72 hours for a response from a moderator.  They are short staffed due to COVID-19.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@tazpolish 

One more thing landline or VoIP number may take up to 2 weeks to complete transfer. There is nothing public mobile can do about it

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@tazpolish 

I'm afraid community will not be able to help you with that one.

If you wait for longer than 72 hours you can request follow up

@tazpolish  type " Port Request " in the subject line and use this link to contact them directly  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To see what is required to port your number to speed up the process, use this link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification in your email INBOX.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Note: your number must be active to port.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@tazpolish wrote:

.Your self serve option to change numbers is not functioning due to system upgrade or what ever reason . 

If you are trying to change a number in self service and you are receiving an error....

Clear browser cache and history. Close browser and open a new one in incognito/ private mode.

tazpolish

ok that solves that  

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tazpolish we are all customers here like you we cannot send your request 

tazpolish

How about you resend the request for me ? and see how frustrating it is in person  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tazpolish  officially up to 48 hours. If it's been later than that, resend your request. Due to covid 19, it  may be a little longer. Please be patient. Here's an article on their hours of operations and response time https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation

Need Help? Let's chat.