cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts, 10 days in

wuthiee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I finally decided to switch over to Public Mobile from Rogers. I was a little skeptical at first, because I've always been told that Public Mobile has spotty service. Overall, service has been pretty good to me. My data works, I can make/recieve calls, and I have now sucessfully ported my number. 

When I activated my plan, I actually kept my Rogers plan as well, comparing the service I had between the two plans. I used a 4S for my Rogers service, and a 3G for Public Mobile (it was the only unlocked phone I could find, the unlocked 4S and 6 were travelling/misplaced). 

I was surprised by the signal I was getting on the 3G compared to the 4S. I couldn't test data at the time due to the older phone model, but all around the Unionville/Richmond Hill/Stouffville areas, I was getting at least comparable service. Similarly, in Missisauga and Downtown Toronto, I was getting comparable, if not better signal service. What I was most surprised about, was that, on the GO train/ GO station (Stouffville/Lakeshore West Lines) I was actually getting better signal than Rogers! 

I recently got an unlocked iPhone 6, and have since switched my SIM card into that phone. Signal strength has definitely gone down since I switched phones, but I haven't yet lost signal connection. I'm hoping the weak signal strength is temporary, since I was getting such good service on the 3G. 

1 REPLY 1

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @wuthiee

Is it both phones on the same network type? In my experience, 3G signal strength always stronger than the LTE.

Need Help? Let's chat.