cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking to move to Public Mobile

Jason2012
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am currently with Koodo and planning on switching to Public.  A couple questions hope some of you can help.

1. Does the $2 auto refill start on the first months or the second month (first renewal)
  2. Is there a limit on referral credit that you can make.
  3. I travel to the US quite often however I never needed to use my phone outside of wifi.  If I don't have any US package activated, will my phone be conected to the roaming provider?  Will incoming text comes thru? How about inbound phone calls?  In the Koodo world, I would still get the caller ID and know who called (without answering) and to get incoming texts without charge.  Will it be the same there.

Thanks and hopefully there is some good deal on Black Friday.

Jason

31 REPLIES 31

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jason2012 wrote:

Hi,

I am currently with Koodo and planning on switching to Public.  A couple questions hope some of you can help.

1. Does the $2 auto refill start on the first months or the second month (first renewal)...Applied at your next renewal.
  2. Is there a limit on referral credit that you can make....once your plan costs reach $0.
  3. I travel to the US quite often however I never needed to use my phone outside of wifi.  If I don't have any US package activated, will my phone be conected to the roaming provider?  Will incoming text comes thru? How about inbound phone calls?  In the Koodo world, I would still get the caller ID and know who called (without answering) and to get incoming texts without charge.  Will it be the same there. Unless you have a 10 Day US Roaming add-on...your phone won't work on the PM network although I've read that incoming texts can be recieved ( no costs afterward). There's no roaming charges here...if you didn't prepay...you don't get.

Thanks and hopefully there is some good deal on Black Friday.

Jason

Need Help? Let's chat.