cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of joining

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of joining public mobile and I was wandering if it's possible to get the sim for free and if yes what would be the conditions, like is there a minimum plan I have to get or how long do I have to stay. Will it be really 0 or should I pay for it and then get it as a credit later. 

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14

Tshillum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed getting a free SIM by a couple days when I joined but by doing that I ended up getting a $10 off for 3 month rate deal. So I actually saved $30 instead of th $10 for the free SIM

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would go to Walmart to get the SIM in case the free sim promotion is running in your area. 

SIM is $10. WOW mobile boutique tried to charge me $15 for it, I told them it costs $10 so be careful, there are dishonest people. That's why I prefer Walmart. 

During activation, do these 2 things to save more:

1. Enter a friend referal to get $10 credit (you will get a text the next day saying it got applied to your account).

2. Sign up for autopay to save $2 off every month

People in the forum cant promote themselves, so just private nessage anyone to like to get the referral code. 

Every referral code will give you the same reward. During special promotions it will be 25 but we didn't have that for very very long time, so now it is 10.

I have seen the advertisements for 25 referral but i believe those are old advertisements. I haven't seen one for at least a month.

If somebody tells you to use their code and you will get 25 referral credit, i believe they are misleading you or trying to get you to choose their code over other people codes.

If in doubt you can always come here to community and ask questions, everyone here (mostly users) would be glad to help. And if nobody can, you can contact the moderators (the employees).

$25 dollar referral credit has expired I think. It's $10 now and the referrer gets $1 per month while you stay. Msg someone who gives you great advice. We all have referral codes, but we do not self promote here. This Community is for you, the new user.

@totalUser wrote:

That's great

I have some referral codes too

I was thinking of taking 25 or 15 plan

I'm always close to WiFi so I don't need much data

There are some nice promos for more data, unfortunately I don't need it

Couple of days ago I've seen referral promotion for 25 advertised on Kijiji. How do I get that one? Unfortunate I didn't write that code down, would anybody on this forum have access to such code?

I've sent you a private mesaage about this. There are $15 and $25 plans but no current referral promotion other than an ongoing one. The new customer gets a one-time $10 credit if referred.

@totalUserThere hasn't been a $25 referral promotion @ Public Mobile for a long time. It is one time $10 off to the person who use the referral code and $1/month  for the person who owns the referral as long as the person who sign up is with Public Mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm thinking of joining public mobile and I was wandering if it's possible to get the sim for free and if yes what would be the conditions, like is there a minimum plan I have to get or how long do I have to stay. Will it be really 0 or should I pay for it and then get it as a credit later. 

Thank you

You have a few options to join pm right now. Depending where you live....do a Google search for a free SIM with in store activation if a larger retailer isn't offering it check your local independent mobile shops websites for their regular free SIM promos. The mobile shop usually offers this as does Go mobile repair if you live in the Vancouver area then you can get a larger retailer to match it if they are closer to you...like London drugs or Wal-Mart (they can be a little hit and miss so ask for a manager.) By using a referral code you will get a $10 credit. In store may be easier if you're not that comfortable online. But watch the screen with the salesperson both to learn, insure the information is entered correctly, the referral code is entered (halfway down the first page) and the correct plan or promo is chosen. There is 2 promotions available right now (that I'm aware of) the pm "save $10/3 months on a $40+ plan In store or online activations" available til Sept 22nd. Or the rbc promo save $10/6 months +5gb bonus roll over data on plans $40+ activate online only, put RBCREWARDS in the promo code box and use a credit card to pay. Available til Sept 30th.  If you choose this plan come back for some instruction before starting just avoid any potential problems or glitches with your activation or read the help articles on activation. Or if you just want to give it a try the $10 plan (expires oct 4th)is limited but with a free SIM and a $10 referral credit on your next 30 days it's cheap $5 per the first 2 months and you can easily get the $5/500 min add on or the $15 unlimited canada wide text/ incoming calls & 100 outgoing min. $2 off with autopay and 250mb free data bonus.  $16 for 2 months (2×$15- $10 referral credit -2×$2 auto pay reward =$16 Or $8 per 30 days) you can also add the $5/500 min add on at anytime if you get low on minutes and it rolls over every month until used up....a little insurance. Lots to consider but choose soon depending on the expiry of plans or promos.

All plans require an upfront purchase but credits will be applied afterwards except rbc promo it is applied at time of activation i .e. $40 plan will charge $30 +tax $2 Auto pay reward applied later but $28 A month after.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

That's great

I have some referral codes too

I was thinking of taking 25 or 15 plan

I'm always close to WiFi so I don't need much data

There are some nice promos for more data, unfortunately I don't need it

Couple of days ago I've seen referral promotion for 25 advertised on Kijiji. How do I get that one? Unfortunate I didn't write that code down, would anybody on this forum have access to such code?

@will13am wrote:

@totalUser , get this deal.  Better than getting a free SIM card.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

@totalUser

With the RBC promotion, that ends on September 30. The sim card and plan needs to be activated by then.  So, you would have to either have the sim card in-hand and activate it by then or get it from someone who would be willing to provide the sim card details ahead of time so that you can lock in the promotion.

@totalUser wrote:

Hi everyone

Thank you

People do sometimes get free sim cards when acrivating in stores, but there's never any guarantee of that unless it's advertised.

Also, there are some promotions that require online activation, so if you go to a store and buy sim card, you'll have to pay full price.

On ebay or kijiji, there are a few sellers who do offer discounts on sim cards if you activate at the same time as contacting them.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@totalUser , get this deal.  Better than getting a free SIM card.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

Hi everyone

Thank you

Some places like Walmart and London Drugs will sometimes offer a free SIM for instore activation, and if they do run that promotion then yes it really would be free upfront.

PM also have this flash sale on right now where you will save $10 for the first 3 months, details here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-Sep-22-get-10-off-for-the-first-3...

If you know someone at PM then you should ask them for a referral code which will also get you a $10 account credit.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Sims are $10 from pm. They are sometimes free if you activate in store. you can get a $10 referral credit by asking someone in this forum. 

I'm not sure who is offering free sims right now, but someone will know.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@totalUser wrote:

Hi everyone

Thank you

No conditions...minimum plan is $10 for 30 days. If after 30 days you're not happy...just don't pay for renewal. I think you'll like $$aving money though.

Don't know anything about a free sim ...$10 is what they normally cost. Maybe someone else has update on that.

Need Help? Let's chat.