Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things just changed..on android phone

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Terrible.......

16 REPLIES 16

@Metal1967 wrote:

Must have been a quick trial...thingsare normal again....

Just a little addition.  things are normal again.... PM normal

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Metal1967

Must have been a quick trial...thingsare normal again....

Metal1967

People come here to look for help.....this certainly doesnt help....Screenshot_2019-03-08-15-54-41.png

Yep. 

If this is the future of the community, my participation will gravitate towards zero.

I often pull the phone out during short breaks and browse the newest posts and topics, logging in when I feel that I can help. Typing on the phone is already less efficient than on a real keyboard, if I have to waste even more time to actually scour every subforum for posts it's just not happening. 

I'm still a defender of the community concept and am here for the satisfying feeling of helping people, but not at any cost.

Metal1967

@stonechucker 

Ivebeen around for a bit..only mobile tho not home computer..whatever just happened isnt for the best..maybe is cause i am cheap and use old phones.😀 not sure .lol..ill get thru it...most wont tho...

@Metal1967, funny you say that.. the desktop version back in 2016 was nicer for me than the updated look when it was changed sometime after I signed up.  I'm okay with change, I can get used to it 🙂

Same for me... It's weird that the search field overlaps the top menu...

I guess I'll use the "show as desktop" feature... 

Metal1967

Whatever happened....this is going to create mass confusion...lol...old way was better...temporary or not...😀😀👎

Metal1967

@popping 

New system is fine....my log in page changed not sure why..the new one is terrible....not the system...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't like the new look either. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Metal1967 

Are your saying that the new help system is terrible?

Metal1967

This is my new home page for PM...when i sign in...

Things have change on the desktop version of the site as well.  I actually prefer it like this.  I find all the extra things such as recent topics, featured topics, annoucements, new solutions to all be extra and unnecesssary. 

Whatever your opinion, I think that almost all off us wil be glad to see that "jumbotron" finally gone at the top that looks like it's been reserved for banner ads. 

I'm pretty sure that all this is temporary.

Metal1967

Screenshot_2019-03-08-15-27-55.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Metal1967 wrote:

Terrible.......

What had changed on your Android phone?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Metal1967 , what has changed?  You're not giving us any detail.

Need Help? Let's chat.