cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There must be a better way

Liamnoone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Listen I'm a semi-sentient being here, am I missing the joke. I've tried four seperate times to build an account and port a number....this should be plenty EASY.

The first few attempts I received a error message regarding contact phone number...then had to wait at least an hour to try again as the SIM # was in use. Attempt 3, using IE instead of Edge, for luck I guess, I'm told my current carrier rejected the port. attempt 4, I'm told the SIM is invalid. 

Two questions: One; what's the secret to actually create an account here at Public Mobile, and 2; if I cannot jump through the requisite hoops, could someone at Public Mobile please take the $10 bill that I gave in exchange for the SIM and light it on fire?

I don't need the ten-spot. But I don't want you to have it either.

11 REPLIES 11

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Liamnoone  If you have the Chrome browser installed then maybe worth given it a try. Make sure javascript and cookies are enabled and also use incongnito mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liamnoone 

Yeah. As mentioned earlier in the thread...the system is having some troubles at the moment.

What with gifts to customers and all the promos...things are a little squirrelly right now. Have been for a few days now.

Liamnoone

Well I tried again, got to stage 3 this time, selected a plan and add-ons, clicked continue and.......

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Liamnoone wrote:

You're probably right but it just seems like kicking the can down the road, should i not be able to port the number after Ive created an account the the whole exercise is in vain. Thanks for the advice.

Many people port just fine during activation. Some have troubles. The source needs to be active of course. Then just making sure the info you provide is proper and valid.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Liamnoone wrote:

You're probably right but it just seems like kicking the can down the road, should i not be able to port the number after Ive created an account the the whole exercise is in vain. Thanks for the advice.

Many people port just fine during activation. Some have troubles. The source needs to be active of course. Then just making sure the info you provide is proper and valid.

I have never had any issues with any of the accounts I have ported in on activation and I am close to 20.  I will still do port ins at activation but PM suggests taking a temporary number.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Using a new number cuts the process into two seperate pieces. Once the new account, SIM and phone are working then it's time to deal up porting your number in. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liamnoone wrote:

Liamnoone

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Liamnoone , I can totally understand your frustration.  The system is in a bit of a spiral right now.  PM recommends that during any activation to take a new number, even if you will be porting in a number at a later date.  Ensure the service is up and running smoothly then you can port over if you need to.  Hopefully, the system will get back to normal soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@LiamnooneI would suggest go to a store eg Wow! or PC Mobile or one of the Public Mobile Booths linke here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-kiosks-are-opening-near-you-Check-... to get your SIM card activated

Public Mobile is barebones when it comes to customer service, if you need a bit of hand holding just walk into a store.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And just your luck that you happen to decide to sign up during some troublesome server times.

It gets better.

@Liamnoone 

Usually, activation occurs without problems. I highly suggest not trying to port your number now, especially since that appears to be causing an issue. You can set up a new phone number now and port in any time later after your account has been set up.

Need Help? Let's chat.