cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The phone number displayed on my phone is not the same as my phone number

purplesolution
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to port my Koodo number over to Public Mobile. PM required me to get a new number first. So I picked a number. The phone worked and the number I picked was displayed on the phone.

Next, I transferred my Koodo number over, the system said it was done successfully. The phone was now using my Koodo number and I was happy. But the number displayed on my phone is still the number I first picked, and not the Koodo number. Yet my PM account indicated my number is the Koodo number.

How do I get PM to update the number on my phone to the correct number?

10 REPLIES 10

@purplesolution wrote:

Thanks, guys, for showing me how to bypass the bot and talk to a human (hopefully a real human). 

Hahaha... @purplesolution  I hate that guy too...simple Simon. That's what you need to remember when dealing with him. Keep it short and to the point. But yes if you get any way frustrated just type human. Ignore him. I want to talk to human. Although it is better to try to get him to create the topic for the ticket as it will be prioritized  better for a quicker response. But sometimes your sanity is more important. If you don't get a chance to outline your issue well enough I will record the ticket ref# and follow up with a private message to the mods giving them the tkt ref# and the more pertinent details of your issue that needs to be resolved.

purplesolution

Thanks, guys, for showing me how to bypass the bot and talk to a human (hopefully a real human). 

@purplesolution wrote:

Believe me, I have tried the ChatBot It couldn't understand me. First it complained my question was too long. Then it said my question was confusing. I basically stated my problem the same as I did here. The bot wasn't happy when I commented it was not very intelligent. I prefer talking to flesh and blood.

Type in only "open ticket".  Click on Contact us and then submit a ticket.  You can then choose the "other" issues category and type in that the service works fine with the proper phone number but that the wrong number is saved on the sim card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@purplesolution  Power down your phone put you old Koodo sim and power up. Power down your phone remove Koodo sim  and wait 15 minutes. Re-insert your PM sim card and power up you device. Does is show the correct number? 

@purplesolution   try again and just say you want to talk to a human and it should generate a ticket 

purplesolution

Believe me, I have tried the ChatBot It couldn't understand me. First it complained my question was too long. Then it said my question was confusing. I basically stated my problem the same as I did here. The bot wasn't happy when I commented it was not very intelligent. I prefer talking to flesh and blood.

@purplesolution  click here and start a conversation with the chatbot about your problem and it will issue you a ticket number for your problem! It may take upwards of 48 hours to hear back from the moderators!

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

purplesolution

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have powered off and on the phone a couple of times including removing the battery. But no go.

My phone is a Blackberry Curve 9360. I think. Not sure about the model number. There are no functions in the phone that would let me change the number myself.

I don't know how to contact the Mod. Please tell me. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@purplesolution First try a phone reboot.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@purplesolution  restart your phone and check again! What type of phone do you have? Someone a few days ago had that same problem and they had to message to the Moderator_Team and they fixed it on their end

Need Help? Let's chat.