cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The payment voucher won't work for activation

Rifrai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I'm new here, this would be a completely new sim and phone number. My sim just arrived by mail today. I tried to activate it online, and since I don't have a credit card yet, I tried using a payment voucher. However, after clicking the activate button, they keep displaying an error message "Payment PIN required". Is there an issue with the server? 

11 REPLIES 11

Rifrai

Hey guys, sorry, forgot to update this! The only solution was to wait for a moderator to get back (and they got back within 12 hours, which was relatively fast). They are extremely nice and solved the problem in minutes! Happy to join the club! 😄

Rifrai

@Anonymous Thanks, will try this and let you guys know how it goes! 

@LovesToPM Yes, I messaged the Moderators yesterday. Waiting for their reply. Thank you! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rifrai 

You could go back to that 7-Eleven and get a prepaid "credit" card gift card Vanilla branded (not MyVanilla) and use it instead. And that would get you the $2 autopay as well. Then sort out the voucher afterwards.

For that you'll need to contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

@Rifrai wrote:

Thanks, but can I register for a self service account BEFORE activation? Similarly, I can't make a phone call to 611 before activation either. This would be the only sim I have here. 

No you cannot. Oops. I just read that you haven't activated yet.

As @Anonymous said, there have been problems redeeming some vouchers recently.

You will have to contact Moderator_team to fix the voucher issue. Response varies up to 2+ days. Or you can always trying redeeming that voucher again after you have activated.

Meanwhile you will have to use another method of payment for activation. You can use a credit card or purchase another voucher (preferably from different source or different denomination).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rifrai wrote:

Thanks, but can I register for a self service account BEFORE activation? Similarly, I can't make a phone call to 611 before activation either. This would be the only sim I have here. 

No you cannot. The other poster kinda mis-spoke.

Vouchers have become a bit of a hit and miss for the last while. Although I haven't seen too many complaints lately.

Rifrai

Rifrai

Yes I'm using the 12 digit number. I bought it yesterday at 2pm from a 7-eleven store nearby. I've already tried clearing cache and incognito mode, didn't help

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rifrai Welcome to Public Mobile! Hope this helps.

Redeeming Vouchers

PINs are 12-digit numeric codes located on the receipt. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. To top up using a voucher, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

How to Pay with a payment voucher through *611

1. Press 1 from the main menu.
2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:

image1

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

try calling 611 and using your voucher number with the self serve bot.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure it's 12 numbers long. It will work. When I signed up last month I used a payment voucher to activate my new account. Just make sure your using the right pin. Sometimes it's confusing as there are other numbers next to the pin. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rifrai wrote:

Hi, I'm new here, this would be a completely new sim and phone number. My sim just arrived by mail today. I tried to activate it online, and since I don't have a credit card yet, I tried using a payment voucher. However, after clicking the activate button, they keep displaying an error message "Payment PIN required". Is there an issue with the server? 

Are you using the 12 digits on the voucher printout?

How long ago did you buy the voucher?

Where from?

Also maybe try using a different browser or clear cache or use incognito/privacy mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.