cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The option to change the MMS or SMS settings is not visible

Jimb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an iPhone 7 which is up to date on the latest iOS but after installing the SIM card I am not able to see the normal screen for changing your MMS or SMS settings.  The only thing visible under network settings is the Personal Hotspot APN settings.  

I’ve  tried the reset on the Network settings and it doesn’t help.

i spoke with Apple support and they said this is an issue with the SIM and the service provider.

Don’t know where to go from here

7 REPLIES 7

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JimbI think you are just looking at the wrong place for the settings. The settings are under Messages. You should be able to find it under Settings.

SMS enabledSMS enabled

If you still have trouble I highly recommend taking it to an Apple Shop to troubleshoot.

As long as your service is working, then Public Mobile won't be able to help you as per Term of Services, since it is the subscriber's responsibility to have working and compatible equipment.

@Jimb wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  I’m new to all this... how to I present this to the moderator team?

@Jimb 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Before contacting a moderator, try cycling your data and airplane mode. Sometimes this wakes things up.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

Jimb

Thanks for your reply.  I’m new to all this... how to I present this to the moderator team?

Jimb

Thanks for your suggestion.  Data is on and I am on the $50 plan.  

So i’m still stumped with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimb wrote:

I have an iPhone 7 which is up to date on the latest iOS but after installing the SIM card I am not able to see the normal screen for changing your MMS or SMS settings.  The only thing visible under network settings is the Personal Hotspot APN settings.  

I’ve  tried the reset on the Network settings and it doesn’t help.

i spoke with Apple support and they said this is an issue with the SIM and the service provider.

Don’t know where to go from here

The easy one for MMS...is your data mode on?

SMS shouldn't care about APN. If you're on the $10 plan maybe you've used the 50 outgoing texts.

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The moderator team can help you with this problem.  I've had a couple small problems and they were great..

Need Help? Let's chat.