cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The customer you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try your call again later.

Rade
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have voicemail on my Public Mobile plan but many times instead of a caller getting my voice mail (when my phone is powered off), they get:

"The customer you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try your call again later."

This is intermittent, sometimes the voice mail works and sometimes it does not. Why is that? Should the call not go right to voice mail?  If so, how do I fix this? I have tried this on my Koodo phone and it goes right to voice mail when the phone is powered off but not on the Public Mobile phone that I have. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thanks for chiming in @will13am 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe it's worthwhile to have the moderator team look at the account profile to see if there's anything there that is causing the problem.  It's definitely not the forwarding settings.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Rade

All senarios are enabled with the exception of always forward . The rest like: when busy, when unanswered etc... are all enabled to go to voice mail.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rade, go to the dialer app on your phone and look at the call forwarding settings.  What is your phone telling the system to do when you are unavailable.  On my phone, I have it set to forward the call to voice mail. 

Rade

Thanks but it is the Public Mobile cell phone that I am having issues with the voice mail. I'm not sure what you are telling me. Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rade, can you go into your dialer and look at the forwarding features.  The Public Mobile calling feature includes call forwarding whereas Koodo does not.  The network keeps track of how we forward calls when unreachable, busy and unanswered.

Need Help? Let's chat.