cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 5g deal

slamdunk58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've just bought a public sim card last week (super store). I signed up for the 15 dollar plan. I see there's a 5g deal going if you sign up by June 16th. Am I still eligible for this? If so, how long does the 5g last? Till I use it all (rolls over every month) or just to the end of that billing cycle? Thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21

@Ratajuk wrote:

Bah c'est une entreprise de mobilité...c'est pas comme si ce serait surprenant qu'ils jouent sur les mots à la manière d'un dealer automobile ou d'une banque...je vais garder la carte et attendre les soldes de la rentré puis simplement aller au plus offrant! Leurs probleme c'est que je suis deja avec eux(koodo) et qu'ils viennent de me donner le goût de magasiner! Il vont être perdant au change ca cest sûr 

C'est toujours bon de magasiner les prix...mais n'oubliez pas de regarder les avantages aussi...récompenses et crédits .Smiley Happy

Ratajuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bah c'est une entreprise de mobilité...c'est pas comme si ce serait surprenant qu'ils jouent sur les mots à la manière d'un dealer automobile ou d'une banque...je vais garder la carte et attendre les soldes de la rentré puis simplement aller au plus offrant! Leurs probleme c'est que je suis deja avec eux(koodo) et qu'ils viennent de me donner le goût de magasiner! Il vont être perdant au change ca cest sûr 

@Ratajuk wrote:

Unique was the word used in french add

Mais unique contient UN c'est à dire une fois!!!Smiley Wink

Ratajuk

Unique was the word used in french add

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ratajuk wrote:

Maybe in english, but in french it was advertised as unique....wich sounds more like exclusive/exceptionnal...wow i understand why the sim card are non refundable....it would cost them a ton of money to take all of them back !

What do you mean "unique"? It *was* exclusive. To those that ordered a SIM online on Saturday.

Ratajuk

Maybe in english, but in french it was advertised as unique....wich sounds more like exclusive/exceptionnal...wow i understand why the sim card are non refundable....it would cost them a ton of money to take all of them back !

@Ratajuk wrote:

So is the deal a recuring 5Go or was it some kind of false advertisement and only a 5Go that once depleated no longer exist????

It was advertised as one-time.

Ratajuk

So is the deal a recuring 5Go or was it some kind of false advertisement and only a 5Go that once depleated no longer exist????

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Well, I don't fell ripped off at all by that. Didn't realize I was going to be treated like a second class customer by buying a public sim card from an authorized public mobile seller. That didn't take long.... one week and I'm already a disgruntled customer. Oh well! 

The announced plan late Friday night clearly listed the activation information.  Either you didn’t read it correctly the first time you read it, or you’re just complaining to increase your post count.

Offers of promotions come and go, some are for all customers, some for new customers only, and I think one was for current customers only previously.

You are only a new customer when you activate a new account.  Once you have the account, you are a current customer.  This promo required a #25 or more plan to activate, you did a $15 plan.  You activated before the promo was announced, therefore to get the plan, you would have needed to order a new SIM from the Public Mobile website, yesterday, and wait for it to arrive in 3-7 business days.

You can get any active promo you wish, but you may have to jump through multiple hoops to do so.

im sorry you’re disgruntled now...imagine how I feel supporting this community and having to explain this over and over again, to users who do not understand the promos, because they fail to accept that they’ve missed an amazing deal.

I’m still using my almost 3 year old Fall 2016 Promo plan.  I got here just before it was offered to all customers, I read how to get it, and did my little bit of hoop jumping to get it.

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Surely if I up grade to the 25 dollar plan before the 16th I would still be eligible? The option for the 5g deal (for the 25 dollar plan) was not offered to me when I signed up a super store. 

It wasn't offered because it wasn't available

@slamdunk58 , as well giving self solutions is frowned upon here especially when many other members answered your question and your post you marked as the solution didn't.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Yup. And if I feel ripped off by McDonald's for any reason I can alway go eat at burger king. There's lots of fast food restaurants and lots of mobile phone operators out there. I'll go to the ones that treat me like a valued customer. 

You were happy enough to join PM last weekBut are upset that you don't qualify for a one day promo theytare offering today?  What about the people who have been here for years and don't qualify they aren't upset they

know they are saving money and it was a targeted one day promo. They come and go.  Plus it isn't even like you mee any of the requirements.  You didn't purchase sim online, and your plan value isn't high enough.  PM isn't a place where the squeaky wheel gets different treatment.

We will have people who will sign up in store today and not qualify for this because they didn't order the sim online.  We as consumers need to research who we are giving our money to and even then we will still miss out on some promos.

For future promos though if you go to the plan page you can now register your email to get notified when they are having promos

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Yup. And if I feel ripped off by McDonald's for any reason I can alway go eat at burger king. There's lots of fast food restaurants and lots of mobile phone operators out there. I'll go to the ones that treat me like a valued customer. 

Choices are another matter. I was talking about promos. Everywhere.

slamdunk58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Well, I don't fell ripped off at all by that. Didn't realize I was going to be treated like a second class customer by buying a public sim card from an authorized public mobile seller. That didn't take long.... one week and I'm already a disgruntled customer. Oh well! 

Promos come and go. That's life. McDonalds puts on a promo for spicy meals. They don't otherwise offer them. The promo ends. You can't get one of those spicy meals anymore. This is not a new thing.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When I signed up for a plan there were no special offers.  You are still saving money with your current plan.  You can save additional money for setting up autopay $2, participating in the community forum for the community reward, and referrals.

slamdunk58

andrewjc

The offer requires the SIM card to be purchased directly from Public Mobile on June 1st, 2019 and is only valid for new customers, so you would have to purchase a new SIM card on the Public Mobile website today and register it by June 16, 2019. Your current sim card and/or account is not valid for this promotion.

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Surely if I up grade to the 25 dollar plan before the 16th I would still be eligible? The option for the 5g deal (for the 25 dollar plan) was not offered to me when I signed up a super store. 

@slamdunk58  Unfortunately you need to buy the sim card online today only via the public mobile website to qualify.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The sim has to ordered from PM.  Purchasing a sim from a retailer is not eligible for the promotion.

slamdunk58

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@slamdunk58 

Unfortunately, you needed to sign up for a $25+ plan for last week's promotion.  You do not qualify for the extra 5 GB data add on.  

Need Help? Let's chat.