cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slamdunk58
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The 5g deal

I've just bought a public sim card last week (super store). I signed up for the 15 dollar plan. I see there's a 5g deal going if you sign up by June 16th. Am I still eligible for this? If so, how long does the 5g last? Till I use it all (rolls over every month) or just to the end of that billing cycle? Thanks. 

Dunkman
Oracle

Re: The 5g deal

@slamdunk58 

Unfortunately, you needed to sign up for a $25+ plan for last week's promotion.  You do not qualify for the extra 5 GB data add on.  

slamdunk58

Thanks for your reply. Surely if I up grade to the 25 dollar plan before the 16th I would still be eligible? The option for the 5g deal (for the 25 dollar plan) was not offered to me when I signed up a super store. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The sim has to ordered from PM.  Purchasing a sim from a retailer is not eligible for the promotion.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Surely if I up grade to the 25 dollar plan before the 16th I would still be eligible? The option for the 5g deal (for the 25 dollar plan) was not offered to me when I signed up a super store. 

@slamdunk58  Unfortunately you need to buy the sim card online today only via the public mobile website to qualify.

andrewjc

The offer requires the SIM card to be purchased directly from Public Mobile on June 1st, 2019 and is only valid for new customers, so you would have to purchase a new SIM card on the Public Mobile website today and register it by June 16, 2019. Your current sim card and/or account is not valid for this promotion.

slamdunk58

Well, I don't fell ripped off at all by that. Didn't realize I was going to be treated like a second class customer by buying a public sim card from an authorized public mobile seller. That didn't take long.... one week and I'm already a disgruntled customer. Oh well! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When I signed up for a plan there were no special offers.  You are still saving money with your current plan.  You can save additional money for setting up autopay $2, participating in the community forum for the community reward, and referrals.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@slamdunk58 wrote:

Well, I don't fell ripped off at all by that. Didn't realize I was going to be treated like a second class customer by buying a public sim card from an authorized public mobile seller. That didn't take long.... one week and I'm already a disgruntled customer. Oh well! 

Promos come and go. That's life. McDonalds puts on a promo for spicy meals. They don't otherwise offer them. The promo ends. You can't get one of those spicy meals anymore. This is not a new thing.

slamdunk58

Yup. And if I feel ripped off by McDonald's for any reason I can alway go eat at burger king. There's lots of fast food restaurants and lots of mobile phone operators out there. I'll go to the ones that treat me like a valued customer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.