Hi everyone,

I switched to from Chatr to Public Mobile yesterday night

Now my number is transfered and everything is working fine

Since I don't make so much call, but i do recieve calls, i bought the 15$ Plan

Capture.PNG

Before buying the plan  I read well the description it says: 

• UNLIMITED Incoming calls

Source: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

I did not made call yet (I'm sure about that)

I recieved 3:50 min call from a local mobile number

When i checked my account online: it says: i have 96 minutes left, and i have used 4/100

Capture.PNG

-------

I'm sure i did not made outgoing call, the only thing did (by calling)  is testing my voicemail feature. (calling myself, not answering, recieving voicemail notification, checking voicemail, adding pin, recording a greeting message, and deleting test voicemail)

Do anyone know why Public Mobile is charging me Incoming calls ?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

zakisp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I figure out it

I called my phone, then before the ton, i press * and my password

and then i was able to check my voicemail

I checked my account minutes overview, they did not charged me!

That's a Great Advice, @stonechucker 

voicemail password by default if I recall correctly is your 10-digit number.

This actually needs to be changed in the handset calling voice mail mode (uses minutes).  After that, you're good to go.

zakisp

@stonechucker 

Thanks for your suggestion, I also use TextNow (they provide same thing as the app you mentionned) i use it as a backup phone

I called the voicemail phone number, they asked me to enter my voicmail number following the *

I entered my phone number, it says it's the wrong voicemail number, i don't know what's my public mobile voice mail number. where i can find it

Thanks

@zakisp, if you have access to another telephone, you can call your voicemail from that phone, and once the voicemail picks up, you can press the * key to access your voicemail without adding to your outgoing call usage.

I have the Fongo app (iOS and Android) on my phones as a backup, but I use this interface to freely call my voicemail on my $15 plan.  100 calling minutes is more than I ever use, but why use them when I don't need them.

Fongo also has a great interface for checking voicemails if you set your busy/unreachable instructions to it.  Fongo offers free Canadian telephone numbers from most areas in Canada.

No need to activate it whenever you are close to being out of minutes. Just buy it once for $5 and it will be there for you like an insurance policy until you have eventually (maybe?) Used up the 500 minutes beyond your included 100 minutes per month of outgoing calling. 

Terry

zakisp

U are right ! it's just 5$ and it still remain in the account if not used, Thanks @GR ! 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@zakisp i would buy that add on right away incase public mobile takes it off. It will stay on your account until its all used up so you're not gonna lose it after you purchase it! 

zakisp

@hairbag1 @GR 

Thanks for your suggestions, i will activate this addon, everytime my minute are close to end and i need to make calls.

Thanks!

zakisp

@Anonymous 

Yes when someone leave a voicemail, he is forwarded to leave a message, but to my knowledge they don't charge for that.

They charge if you call the voicemail phone number to check recieved voicemails

GR
Mayor / Maire

I read befit that call forward works but will use your plan minutes.  Right now they have a 5$ Canadian long distance add on that you can buy and it gives you an extra 500 minutes that keeps rolling over every month until its all used up.  Just put 5$ on your account and then go in purchase add ons and buy it. That way if u use all your 100 outgoing minutes then you go in the 500 and next month you get your 100 back and then you have the rest of the 500

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zakisp wrote:

An other question:

Do you know guys if public mobile support call forwarding ?

If yes, does it work with this plan? and is it unlimitted for forwarded outgoing calls?

I can't find information 

Thanks

I have observed that the global forwarding will consume minutes but that busy/unanswered/unavailable will not.

The functioning of voicemail is pretty much call forwarding.

Public Mobile has a great little add-on that you can take full advantage of....you can get 500 minutes of Canada wide calling for $5.

That means you can add it to your account for 5 bux and you'll be able to call anywhere in Canada, while you're in Canada...for up to 500 minutes. Those minutes don't expire either. If you haven't used them up by renewal date...they roll over to next month...until you use them up.

Good deal if you're on a budget plan and want to be sure of having sufficient calling time.

zakisp

@ShawnC13 

You are right, the voicemail call was 3:45 min

@hycm53 True, they mention it in the last line.

An other question:

Do you know guys if public mobile support call forwarding ?

If yes, does it work with this plan? and is it unlimitted for forwarded outgoing calls?

I can't find information 

Thanks

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@zakisp wrote:

Hi everyone,

Capture.PNG

When i checked my account online: it says: i have 96 minutes left, and i have used 4/100

Capture.PNG

-------

I'm sure i did not made outgoing call, the only thing did (by calling)  is testing my voicemail feature. (calling myself, not answering, recieving voicemail notification, checking voicemail, adding pin, recording a greeting message, and deleting test voicemail)

Thanks

According to $15 plan details, when you are "testing your voicemail feature", It will deduct from in-plan minutes. Please look at "Offer Details"

"9 - Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes."

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zakisp wrote:

Hi everyone,

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

-------

Thanks

When you say you called yourself was that from another phone??  If you call your voicemail from  your phone those minutes will be charged against your 100 minutes that you have

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.