cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The $10 Plan is the only way to go!

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Why would anyone choose any other plan then the $10 plan?  Just get it and add on to it - for example in addition to the $8 add on for 200 long distance voice minutes. For only $30 gets you 1 GB of data that rolls over. You can use this almost for ever for texting and not rely on being near WIFI . Refer to info below——-

SMS text messages use 7-bit characters and have a maximum length of 160 characters, making the maximum data size of each SMS 1120 bits, or 140 bytes. If an average mp3 song from iTunes is 4 MB, a text message is 0.0001335 MB. Almost nothing.

11 REPLIES 11

dhilscher

lol @ ppl accepting themselves as solution!

Orz

and to think I actually replied to one of these thread this morning....urgh...

As a new user I get tons of useful info here thanks to everyone using the community as it is meant to be. Gotta stop the cheaters ruining for everybody.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cmatassa wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

What is wrong with this member? Why another new thread to the same topic?

@CS_Agentwithin a short time he opens random threads to the same topic clearly on the hunt for badges and bravos. He accepts his own thread as solution... That is definitely cheating the system. Members should never be allowed to accept their own comment as solution.

Go one step further and follow the link between this member and Katiatall and the Bravos sent and solutions accepted for even wrong answers

@ShawnC13 I've been on the forums a lot this morning and have noticed this too.

Same here.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

@CS_Agentwithin a short time he opens random threads to the same topic clearly on the hunt for badges and bravos. He accepts his own thread as solution... That is definitely cheating the system. Members should never be allowed to accept their own comment as solution.

Go one step further and follow the link between this member and Katiatall and the Bravos sent and solutions accepted for even wrong answers

@ShawnC13 I've been on the forums a lot this morning and have noticed this too.

@ute1978 wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ute1978 wrote:

@ute1978 Wow, great catch! That is a definitely something that Public Mobile needs to look into to prevent from happening again moving forward. 

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

cmatassa

@ohitora wrote:

1GB (or 1024MB) of data lets you send or receive about 1,000 emails and browse the Internet for about 20 hours every month.

If that's all you're doing, then that might be fine for you.  But the numbers you provided will totally vary based on a multitude of different factors such as if the emails you send/receive have attachments, how you're browsing the internet, etc.  I agree that if you don't use much data on a daily basis, the add-on might be worth it because it doesn't expire.

For the average user that does a bit more then simply check email and browse the web, but also uses some social media apps, getting the 10$ base plan with a 30$ 1gb data add-on is not worth it.  This alone comes up to 40$, and for that price you can get 4gb of data with unlimited Canada-Wide calling and unlimited international texting.

ohitora

1GB (or 1024MB) of data lets you send or receive about 1,000 emails and browse the Internet for about 20 hours every month.

ohitora

Yes ofcourse if one uses data for u-tube etc then your suggestion makes sense. However if one takes advandage of the Free WIFI available almost in every coffee shop and shopping plaza then the 1 GB could last for many months. Keep in mind that the add ons do not expire and do roll over free of charge.

cmatassa

While for you it may be worth-while, for anyone using that uses data constantly it would not be worth it.  The data add-on is 30$ for only 1 gb.  For 40$, you can get 4 gb, unlimited Canada-wide calling and unlimited texting.  If you don't use much data, then this may work for you... otherwise, getting a plan that includes data already will be cheaper.

Need Help? Let's chat.