cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not going through

Rizzo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son and I each have an Iphone and we can't seem to text each other unless we are in a wifi area.    We should be able to text anywhere.  My husband has an android and we are able to text him.  What is happening?

3 REPLIES 3

yahya_aaqil
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to publicmobile.ca and then go to my account and make sure your account has not been suspended if it has been then all you need to do is verify your account you can do that be enterting your information back in to the public mobile website which will then resume your account which will then give you sms accessibility for you to then do whatever you want 

@Rizzo 

Follow these instructions 

Part 1:
imessage can sent to/from Apple ID or a phone number. To do what you described you should be using your phone number, not your Apple ID.

• Go to Settings> Messages> Send & Receive
  1. Your settings should be:
    • Can be reached by imessage at: Phone Number
    • Start new conversations from: Phone Number

Part 2:
Turn on Send as SMS

• Go to Settings> Messages

Explanation:
If you're sending/receiving imessages to/from your apple ID, and not a phone number, you can't send as SMS.
Also, the phone number used here is taken from  Settings>Phone>My Number. If you changed your phone number, sometimes this section doesn't populate your new number, and would then still send imessages from your old number. Same thing goes for FaceTime.

*Edit - it's an Apple ID issue, not a provider issue*

Turn cellular data and roaming ON. That will allow MMS messaging to non-iphones. There will be no data charges.

Turn Messages & Facetime OFF, and back ON in 5 minutes. This will force a reset ov Apple serviers to your new phone.

Correct setup for messaging: Settings >> Messages >> iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON, MMS ON >> Send & Receive should show your phone # and Apple ID email.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rizzo wrote:

My son and I each have an Iphone and we can't seem to text each other unless we are in a wifi area.    We should be able to text anywhere.  My husband has an android and we are able to text him.  What is happening?

Regular text message are sent by piggy backed on mobile voice channel.

Configure your iPhone iMessage app to send text message using the mobile text channel instead of  iMessage mobile/wifi data in order for Android user to receive your text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.