cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not coming in!!!

Bountyh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello yesterday my texts were working no problems today texts stopped coming in!! I could send texts and people would receive the texts but I wouldn't get their texts when they sent me texts back!!! I have rebooted my phone! Taken the SIM card out and replaced!!  I am using a Google Pixel XL! I have never had problems til this morning. I haven't changed anything! I did have a 10 day US roaming that ended today. But that shouldn't mess around with receiving Texts?   Any ideas what I can do???

11 REPLIES 11

Bountyh

Back in April I went to Chicago for 5 days and got the 10 day roaming same as I did last weekend and didn't have a problem!!  The worst thing is that if my texts start working I will have lost so many texts which isn't good!!

@Triguy wrote:

Make sure you disable roaming and you have the PM APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Please realize that APN settings aren't related to text mesaaging.  In addition, there would have been no reason to change the APN settings to begin with for roaming use.

@BountyhIt is a known bug, in the future you can message the moderators to let them know when you will be back, so they can fix it in anticipation of you coming back.. it sucks but it is what it is.

Bountyh

I got the 10 day US roaming package cause I was on a day trip to the States!! I got the roaming package last Saturday and came back to Ontario the Saturday night!! Phone has worked great since then today the roaming expired and incoming texts don't work it's not cool!!!

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic  I just wish PM would just fix this glitch, or at least there should be some text from PM warning of this, although I don't know how difficult it would be to do on the software side of it.

@dabr  I agree. Time will tell, but from previous threads it appears that it's definetely on the To-Do list so hopefully it won't be too long.

Sounds like it may get resolved sometime in the future.  That's something at least:)

@dabr wrote:

@geopublic  I just wish PM would just fix this glitch, or at least there should be some text from PM warning of this, although I don't know how difficult it would be to do on the software side of it.

@dabr  I agree. Time will tell, but from previous threads it appears that it's definetely on the To-Do list so hopefully it won't be too long.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Bountyh wrote:

Hello yesterday my texts were working no problems today texts stopped coming in!! I could send texts and people would receive the texts but I wouldn't get their texts when they sent me texts back!!! I have rebooted my phone! Taken the SIM card out and replaced!!  I am using a Google Pixel XL! I have never had problems til this morning. I haven't changed anything! I did have a 10 day US roaming that ended today. But that shouldn't mess around with receiving Texts?   Any ideas what I can do???

@Bountyh  Known issue with US Roaming add-on and texting upon return. You should take @dabr  advice and wait the condition resolves itself with 24 from returning back.

redgam8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try this: Google has an app "Messages" to let you see/send texts from PC (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_CA) Try it out if this makes any difference. If it's working on the PC version of it (https://messages.google.com/web/conversations), it means your phone has an issue, not the network.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bountyh wrote:

Actually, not receiving texts upon returning to Canada after having the US roaming is a common glitch, it's supposed to get back to normal within one day, so you might to wait a few more hours.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you disable roaming and you have the PM APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.