cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not being sent/received by everyone

lyonseoin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched my number over yesterday and most of my friends receive my texts and calls. Some friends don't though. Not sure what's going on. I looked for solutions on here and can say that my SMSC is correctly set up and I have no active roaming (I did buy a roaming package on Jan 19 but that will have expired I'm guessing?) I'm on Android.

Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21

@lyonseoin wrote:

Hey @popping. It asked for the acc. # or my PIN, so I gave them the PIN. 

By active, does that include after my plan had ended for the month? That's the state it was in when I switched it.

I really do not believe that that this is a porting issue. A porting issue would not cause outgoing text messages and phone calls to fail.  There still could be an issue with the number port, but it wouldn't cause the symptoms that you've mentioned.

lyonseoin

@popping wrote:

@lyonseoin wrote:

@popping wrote:

@lyonseoin 

You have been with PM for at least 1 - 2 months.  Your account is working correctly before porting your number to PM yesterday. 

Did you restart your phone after porting your number to PM?

If not, it is time to restart your phone.

Are you getting calls and text message from some of your friends too?

Which provider were you using?

You account my not be provisioned correctly after porting.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  Good luck.

Hey there. I switched over in Jan but the activation didn't happen so I just renewed with my old company (Chatr) so I can't confirm if it worked back then before the number change (I only started using PM after that change). I have restarted the phone and am receiving calls and texts from some friends. I tried the $1 transaction. Hopefully that works

Did you call Chatr to get your account number as Chatr online does not give your your account number?

You need to provide your Chatr account #,  the name on your account and the phone # to be ported.  Your Chatr number must be active during the porting process.

Hey @popping. It asked for the acc. # or my PIN, so I gave them the PIN. 

By active, does that include after my plan had ended for the month? That's the state it was in when I switched it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lyonseoin wrote:

@popping wrote:

@lyonseoin 

You have been with PM for at least 1 - 2 months.  Your account is working correctly before porting your number to PM yesterday. 

You account my not be provisioned correctly after porting.  Add $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  Good luck.

Hey there. I switched over in Jan but the activation didn't happen so I just renewed with my old company (Chatr) so I can't confirm if it worked back then before the number change (I only started using PM after that change). I have restarted the phone and am receiving calls and texts from some friends. I tried the $1 transaction. Hopefully that works

Did you call Chatr to get your account number as Chatr online does not give your your account number?

You need to provide your Chatr account #,  the name on your account and the phone # to be ported.  Your Chatr number must be active during the porting process.

lyonseoin

@popping wrote:

@lyonseoin 

lyonseoin

@geopublic wrote:

@lyonseoin wrote:

I switched my number over yesterday and most of my friends receive my texts and calls. Some friends don't though. Not sure what's going on. I looked for solutions on here and can say that my SMSC is correctly set up and I have no active roaming (I did buy a roaming package on Jan 19 but that will have expired I'm guessing?) I'm on Android.

Thanks!

@lyonseoin  Are the friends that can't receive them currently using the same provider you ported out from?

@geopublic Different provider!

lyonseoin

@ddeep91 wrote:

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

Are you able to receive calls? If you switched over your number from a different provider. Then it could be that your port is not fully completed.  Try using your old providers Simcard and see if you can send/receive a text from that.

You will need to get in touch with the mod team to complete the port.

start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot Simon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts to get to one.

(CLICK on the "account-specific" question and human and submit a ticket)
           Type a message describing the problem and post.

OR

if you are still having issues you can contact them directly using this Moderator Team.

Make sure you enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note: It could take 24-48 hours for them to get back to you.

Cheers

Thanks for this. I've contacted the moderators. I can't put in my old SIM though because the credit has expired on it and I'm not looking to top it up any more

lyonseoin

@gblackma wrote:

@lyonseoin . It sounds like you SIM is not properly provisioned.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

I've done this now - thanks for your help

lyonseoin

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

Are you sending MMS (picture texts) and that isn't what they are getting?  If you aren't able to send or receive these types of texts make sure that you have your data turned on.  It doesn't consume data but it needs to be turned on.

Hey @ShawnC13 Only SMS so far, and data turned on and working

lyonseoin

No, different provider

lyonseoin

Have done this. Appreciate the thorough response

lyonseoin

Hey Shawn - just regular SMS

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar issue for international texting. wasn't receiving it.

I contacted the Moderator_Team and explained my situation.

They had to do a full  refresh of my account on their side and it worked.

Good luck to you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lyonseoin 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

It does seem likely to be a number port or account provisioning problem. Which will likely sort itself out in a day or two.

But you can restart your phone, try your PM SIM card in another phone, and try a different SMS/MMS app to confirm it's not a problem on your device.

Also... If you're using any sort of enhanced texting features (iMessage, Signal, RCS, etc) then try disabling them to send plain SMS. And confirm your APN settings (MMS Proxy "74.49.0.18", MMS Proxy Port "80", APN Type "default,mms") are correct for MMS data attachments.

So you are right I haven't changed it 3 years now time for an update

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Surely, @ShawnC13   the link in your signature (not footer, as I recently learned) also does as PM wants and  sends them to Simon . 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ddeep91 , Public Mobile would like people to use SIMon the chatbot to raise a trouble ticket for any issues. 

@ddeep91 , Public Mobile would like people to use SIMon the chatbot to raise a trouble ticket for any issues. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

@lyonseoin  Are the friends that can't receive them currently using the same provider you ported out from?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

Are you able to receive calls? If you switched over your number from a different provider. Then it could be that your port is not fully completed.  Try using your old providers Simcard and see if you can send/receive a text from that.

You will need to get in touch with the mod team to complete the port.

start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon

• Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.
    This connects to the Autobot Simon.
  • Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts to get to one.

(CLICK on the "account-specific" question and human and submit a ticket)
           Type a message describing the problem and post.

OR

if you are still having issues you can contact them directly using this Moderator Team.

Make sure you enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note: It could take 24-48 hours for them to get back to you.

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lyonseoin . It sounds like you SIM is not properly provisioned.  Contact the moderators and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lyonseoin wrote:

Thanks!

Are you sending MMS (picture texts) and that isn't what they are getting?  If you aren't able to send or receive these types of texts make sure that you have your data turned on.  It doesn't consume data but it needs to be turned on.

Need Help? Let's chat.