cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting not working on iPhone 5s or 6s

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just activated my PM Sim and very disapointed - voice calls work but texts out and in not working at all - Have googled and read possible solutions on this forum but nothing works - good thing that I still have an active Bell account.  Any help?

10 REPLIES 10

@Jdeboer87 wrote:

Did you update your phone number on your apple ID? Might not have anything to do with it, but I would try that, also check your APN settings

APN settings do not control text messaging.  APN settings are only for data usage.  While Apple does use an iMessage service, the lack of working cellular data should just lead back to the text message sending through traditional methods.  In addition, messages sending through iMessage that go through the internet would still be working when connected to Wi-Fi.

If it all possible, I would try borrowing another working phone (preferably one that someone is already using with Public Mobile) to see specifically if this is a device or an account issue.

Jdeboer87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you update your phone number on your apple ID? Might not have anything to do with it, but I would try that, also check your APN settings

Yiatiohi

Could it perhaps be a faulty Sim card?

@Yiatiohi wrote:

Thanks - Yes I have tried everything possiple to no avail - it seems PM is not compatiple with iPhones. 

Nope; many of us, including me, use them. So send a private message to the moderators as suggested earlier.

Also, login to your self-serve account to confirm your plan shows that texting is included.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Yiatiohi

Thanks - Yes I have tried everything possiple to no avail - it seems PM is not compatiple with iPhones. 

Cgfitzhe1982

Every carrier with this is different so another suggestion. When texting are you putting 

1-xxx-xxx-xxxx or just the area code and number? If you are only using the area code and number try adding the 1 if that doesn’t work or you are already doing that I would suggest messaging one of the moderators

Yiatiohi

Thanks for advise -- but I'm not porting my old number - selected a new number - it's been so far 3 days and the problem persists -- very weird! Have re-set and also completely restored one of my iPhones but still texting does not work. However voice calls do work -- Also everytime I try a test tesxt that doesn't go it does show on my PM account page anddoes  count against my plan. 

Yiatiohi

Thanks for advise -- but I'm not porting my old number - selected a new number - it's been so far 3 days and the problem persists -- very weird! Have re-set and also completely restored one of my iPhones but still texting does not work. However voice calls do work -- Also everytime I try a test tesxt that doesn't go it does show on my PM account page anddoes  count against my plan. 

Cgfitzhe1982

as mentioned if you are in the process of the port this could be the issue, as well, is it just texting or iMessage as well? 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds as though you are transferring your number to PM? This is typical behaviour until the port-in finishes. Don't close your Bell account; that will happen automatically.

If your port-in takes more than 3 hours you will need moderator assistance. If so, send  a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation. Include the following info:

• PM SIM card number
  • Bell account number, exactly as shown on your bill
  • Bell phone number
  • the account holder's name, exactly as shown on your bill

Hang in there. PM service is great once you get established.

• an Alternate Phone Number; someone else’s, not your own

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.