Redfisher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Spoiler
SMS is on.  
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Redfisher 

So since you're up...and it's 12:40am ET...would you be willing to have a look and see if that same add-on that expired  is available now.

Redfisher

Have wifi so here’s my report.   My addon appears to have expired at approximately 10 days after purchase and I assume right at the actual time I made my initial purchase which was around 9:00am PST.

The option to repurchase the same talk and text addon was not available so I went with just a 10 day talk addon.  It was working by approximately noon PST which was about an hour after I bought it.  

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous I've skimmed the four pages in the expiry bug announcement posting as well as another thread that @Jb456 linked from the top of page 3 of that thread, and all I see is anecdotal posts from yourself and other people stating that it works in 24 hour chunks without (as far as I can see) first-hand experience.  I've still yet to see the confirmation from Tiana_V you mentioned.  Can you please find it and link it for me?

@srlawren 

It's on this link.

Click here 

Screenshot_20200224_191348.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren 

Sorry...it was Alan_K

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous I've skimmed the four pages in the expiry bug announcement posting as well as another thread that @Jb456 linked from the top of page 3 of that thread, and all I see is anecdotal posts from yourself and other people stating that it works in 24 hour chunks without (as far as I can see) first-hand experience.  I've still yet to see the confirmation from Tiana_V you mentioned.  Can you please find it and link it for me?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

No they don't @Redfisher it's been established that it's on a 24 hour clock from time of purchase.  Ie if you buy it at 22.10 est on the 19th of February it will expire 22.10 est on the 29th.

@gblackma are you 100% sure about this?  I remember seeing someone theorizie it may have changed to work that way when Public Mobile fixed the US Roaming Texting add-on expiry bug a few weeks back, but I do not recall anyone confirming that the theory is correct.  In the abensence of that confirmation, I would continue to assume that the add-on expires at midnight eastern time on day 10 (technically day 9.x).  Please cite your reference where you have established and confirmed that this is not the case.

It's been confirmed. Maybe Tiana_V in a thread when tagged. Several folks (myself included) are observing this behaviour.

Thanks @Anonymous, interesting.  @gblackma my apologies then.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

No they don't @Redfisher it's been established that it's on a 24 hour clock from time of purchase.  Ie if you buy it at 22.10 est on the 19th of February it will expire 22.10 est on the 29th.

@gblackma are you 100% sure about this?  I remember seeing someone theorizie it may have changed to work that way when Public Mobile fixed the US Roaming Texting add-on expiry bug a few weeks back, but I do not recall anyone confirming that the theory is correct.  In the abensence of that confirmation, I would continue to assume that the add-on expires at midnight eastern time on day 10 (technically day 9.x).  Please cite your reference where you have established and confirmed that this is not the case.

It's been confirmed. Maybe Tiana_V in a thread when tagged. Several folks (myself included) are observing this behaviour.

Edit: corrected below. It was  Alan_K

srlawren

@gblackma wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Redfisher wrote:

Thanks.  

Question....So do addons expire at midnight 10 days after sign up and in the time zone I have my account in?  New process for me that has been an adventure with my texting.   Talk works great. 

Just to add...just about everything runs on ET around here. I was asking for your interest in observing to nail down when the add-on is re-purchasable. Currently we know it's sometime between an hour and the next morning. My theory is that it's midnight ET.

@Redfisher wrote:

Thanks.  

Question....So do addons expire at midnight 10 days after sign up and in the time zone I have my account in?  New process for me that has been an adventure with my texting.   Talk works great. 

Redfisher

Thanks.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Redfisher wrote:

Sorry for delay in responding but haven't had access to wifi.  I think I will just renew a $8 talk add on as interesting enough I don't even see the $15 talk and text add on listed as an option.  I will randomly have access to wifi so will text then.

That should be because that's a currently active add-on. When it expires and some time after that then you'll see it again. If you're interested, when it expires, have a look just after midnight ET of that day to see if it re-appears. And report back. If you're interested 🙂

Edit: Sometimes also you might need to switch networks manually as maybe one or the other is weaker exactly where you are.

Redfisher

Sorry for delay in responding but haven't had access to wifi.  I think I will just renew a $8 talk add on as interesting enough I don't even see the $15 talk and text add on listed as an option.  I will randomly have access to wifi so will text then.

This is one of the shortcomings of PM as my friend with Koodo just buys a monthly plan for $45  when he is down south that includes unlimited talk and text.  His works great on same phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Redfisher wrote:
Spoiler
SMS is on.  

@Redfisher  If you don't mind purchasing a US Roaming data add-on it should resolve all your texting issues. 

Need Help? Let's chat.