cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting isn’t working in US even though bought add-on talk and text

Kathykathy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought the add on talk and text. I am in the US and am not getting texts or able to send texts unless I have WiFi. I have tried all the suggestions I have read on previous threads and nothing helps. Please help! 

16 REPLIES 16

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try turning off your imessage, erasing your message history to a certain person, they try to initiate a new message to them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kathykathy wrote:

Oops sorry should have said SMS.

Of course you would have. But you wrote it like that twice so I thought "could it be???".

I'll return to deferring to iphone pros.

Kathykathy

Oops sorry should have said SMS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kathykathy wrote:

The strange thing is, when I go to “settings” them to “messages” there is no option to enable or disable SSM like the articles reference, only option is MMS. 

Just to make a ridiculously specific technical detail observation here...it's SMS...not SSM. There should be an option called

Send as SMS.

Kathykathy

The strange thing is, when I go to “settings” them to “messages” there is no option to enable or disable SSM like the articles reference, only option is MMS. 

@Kathykathy check article 2. Make sure that sms is enabled too and all settings are on as in the diagram. And continue on to check to see that your phone number is appearing described. Then restart.

@Kathykathy wrote:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have tried them all. I can send out texts now but still cannot receive them. 

Kathykathy

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have tried them all. I can send out texts now but still cannot receive them. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could be that the number has been ported to PM but is not complete as of yet. A common issue in the community today or geopublic may have it.

@Kathykathy wrote:

I can now send out messages but can’t receive any. 

Try cycling phone off/on again.

Try turning on airplane mode for 5 mins, then off.

Let us know if anything helps.

@Kathykathy here's a more complex list on fixing not being able to send/receive messages  https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/iphone-wont-send-text-messages/

And one on not receiving messages. https://www.businessinsider.com/why-am-i-not-receiving-text-messages-on-my-iphone

I suspect it has something to do with enabling sms messages See step 4 article 1-enable sms and mms messages.

Kathykathy

I can now send out messages but can’t receive any. 

Kathykathy

My phone is an iPhone SE

@Kathykathy here is apples guide to trouble shooting texts not working - https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204065

@Kathykathy wrote:

I did that but only have the option to turn on MMS. SSM is not an option.

Kathykathy

I did that but only have the option to turn on MMS. SSM is not an option.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kathykathy what make and model phone are you using? If talk is working probably something to do with your settings as mentioned by @geopublic .

@Kathykathy wrote:

I bought the add on talk and text. I am in the US and am not getting texts or able to send texts unless I have WiFi. I have tried all the suggestions I have read on previous threads and nothing helps. Please help! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kathykathy wrote:

@Kathykathy  If you are using an iPhone go into your iMessage settings and turn on SMS and MMS.

Need Help? Let's chat.