cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text verification from 3rd parties not working

NewAlchemy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm attemping to get text verification from my bank - they require it to log in - and am not recieving. I have an IPhone 6s. I am getting texts from friends. Having read through other replies to similar questions, I'm still stumped. Thx

16 REPLIES 16

@NewAlchemy wrote:

I don't think it was a PM problem, because I just tried and I immediately get verification code. It may be the setting on your phone .

I went to settings and messages - but no clue what I would change. There's nothing there that stands out. Any ideas?

That's my thinking. Since you use iPhone 6s,  you can try power off phone for 30 secondes or more and then power on. Or you can try reset network setting.

NewAlchemy

@NewAlchemy  Use telephone banking and ask them that you need to reset 2FA authentication settings because you changed providers.

What is 2FA? 

@NewAlchemy Two-factor authentication (2FA), sometimes referred to as two-step verification or dual factor authentication, is a security process in which the user provides two different authentication factors to verify themselves to better protect both the user's credentials and the resources the user can access.

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

NewAlchemy

I don't think it was a PM problem, because I just tried and I immediately get verification code. It may be the setting on your phone .

I went to settings and messages - but no clue what I would change. There's nothing there that stands out. Any ideas?

@NewAlchemy wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@NewAlchemy wrote:

I'm not able to login to my online banking as I need the verification code to do so. 

Just wondering if this was a PM problem. 

@NewAlchemy  Use telephone banking and ask them that you need to reset 2FA authentication settings because you changed providers.

What is 2FA? 

@NewAlchemy Two-factor authentication (2FA), sometimes referred to as two-step verification or dual factor authentication, is a security process in which the user provides two different authentication factors to verify themselves to better protect both the user's credentials and the resources the user can access.

@NewAlchemy wrote:

I'm not able to login to my online banking as I need the verification code to do so. 

NewAlchemy

@geopublic wrote:

@NewAlchemy wrote:

What is 2FA? 

NewAlchemy

Thanks, I've done that now.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemy wrote:

I'm attemping to get text verification from my bank - they require it to log in - and am not recieving. I have an IPhone 6s. I am getting texts from friends. Having read through other replies to similar questions, I'm still stumped. Thx

You may try tell bank dial 1-area code-xxx-xxxx. Hopefully it will help.

@NewAlchemy wrote:

NewAlchemy

It worked when we were on Rogers last week. So, was just wondering if this was a problem other have had and how to fix it.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemyThere is not much this forum can do since we don't have access to how Public Mobile's backend work. I think it is best for you to contact the Moderators. If you don't mind me asking which bank are you using that causes the issue? It might be helpful to other users encountering the same issue.

NewAlchemy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can't say I use text verifications with great frequency.  Whenever I do, it does work.  Not sure what to say.  Is this something that has started to happen recently or has always been that way?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@NewAlchemy wrote:

@NewAlchemy  Login to your online banking and setup 2FA authentication again to see if that fixes the problem.

NewAlchemy

THanks. They require both email and text in this case. I needed to do this last week (when I was on Rogers) and it worked immediately.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NewAlchemy wrote:

One of my cards (PC financial), sometimes would take hours to come in, if at all.

Just in case that's the issue.

***DO they offer another type of verification? Email etc?

Need Help? Let's chat.