cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Working, But Phone says No Sim Card

sarhaisunsung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have recently set up my account, paid for Unlimited text and provincial Talk

Phone is unlocked, and listed as working and not stolen etc.

Phone says: No Sim Card Emergency Calls Only

But I AM able to send and recieve text messages.

I have reset phone etc.  

Anyone help?

35 REPLIES 35

printerhelp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The No SIM card error usually occurs when your SIM card is not inserted properly. This is the most common reason for the error but it is not the only reason why your phone may show this error. No SIM card can mean problems with your device’s software too. There is a chance that the SIM card is inserted properly but your device is not reading it because of a software corruption. It may also point towards your device’s inability to check for a network.

https://printerhelpcenter.com/how-to-fix-canon-printer-error-b200/

https://printerhelpcenter.com/fix-brother-printer-offline-to-online/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Anonymous   I looked at those,     they seem simple enough but the Blu phone will not allow me to change the network settings.  They are greyed out.  I have contacted THEIR customer service, because that seems wonky to me.    Problem is half solved, but I am not giving up.  

Did you check willmyphonework.net? Or what is the exact detailed make/model of your Blu phone?

sarhaisunsung

@Anonymous   I looked at those,     they seem simple enough but the Blu phone will not allow me to change the network settings.  They are greyed out. As for the root option, they can send me a new phone first.   I have contacted THEIR customer service, because that seems wonky to me.    Problem is half solved, but I am not giving up.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

Found a reference for you https://appuals.com/fix-android-emergency-calls-only-and-no-service/.

Indeed. But the OP said they were able to text in/out. That's still a mystery to me. But we've now found that the service works fine...it's just that phone. So maybe that root option will work but I don't know how technical the OP is.

Found a reference for you https://appuals.com/fix-android-emergency-calls-only-and-no-service/.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Anonymous   great suggestion! Samsung was a big help    Working in Galaxy Core (no home button, but oh well  lol)      Any ideas why it wont work in Blu?

Review the full model number in willmyphonework.net. From what I can tell from the information you provided, it's marginally compatible. Your Samsung was more compatible.

Glad Samsung got you going.

sarhaisunsung

@Anonymous   great suggestion! Samsung was a big help    Working in Galaxy Core (no home button, but oh well  lol)      Any ideas why it wont work in Blu?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Anonymous   I'm sorry,     the Samsung Core SM G386W

That Samsung appears to be even better than the Blu for here.

Chat/call them to make sure it's unlocked and then try your SIM in it.

Then if all good return your Blu.

Also, are you sure you're using the right size of SIM for your slot(s)?

sarhaisunsung

@Anonymous   I'm sorry,     the Samsung Core SM G386W

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Anonymous  sorry for the confusion....it isnt the samsung    it is a Blu Advance A4 

Not confused. You mentioned you had a Samsung phone. So I was going in that direction.

@sarhaisunsung

The best way to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus SIM card/Public mobile issue is to try the PM Sim card in another phone. 

Do you have a friend or family member phone that you can try the SIM card in?  If the SIM card works in the other phone, then it is your hardware/phone issue. 

Otherwise, it is difficult to determine what the problem is... 

sarhaisunsung

@Anonymous  sorry for the confusion....it isnt the samsung    it is a Blu Advance A4 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Dunkman the samsung Core was a great phone, I used it a long time with another carrier.  The Blu seems like a good phone for now, it was all that I could afford.  

Which exact model is your Samsung? willmyphonework.net shows several variations and some won't work here.

sarhaisunsung

@Dunkman the samsung Core was a great phone, I used it a long time with another carrier.  The Blu seems like a good phone for now, it was all that I could afford.  

For sure write a message to the moderator @sarhaisunsung

@Lieux is that possible?  Should I order  new one?

If it's the sim card they will give you a new one..I think and already have read that...

Some unlocked Samsung phones get "locked" to the first carrier.  If it is asking for PUK code, you can contact Samsung directly to get the code.  Either via phone or live chat.  

The phone has gotten mixed reviews on quality of the phone.  So, I would not be surprised if it is hardware issue.  

sarhaisunsung

@Lieux is that possible?  Should I order  new one?

Perhaps a problem with your sim card itself @sarhaisunsung???

sarhaisunsung

@Anonymous I was pretty sure it was already unlocked,  but I did it because it didn't recognize the SIM card, so i thought maybe I was wrong.  But I am SURE it was unlocked.

sarhaisunsung

@RobertQc  Exact same thing,   the phone says there is a card there, but does not read card    I can still recieve text messages,  still says emergency calls only

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

@Alex888  I originally tried it in my unlocked Samsung Core and it did not work (asked for 4 digit code) , believing to phone not being unlocked, I paid to have it unlocked online and was told it couldnt be done (it was formally a pay as you go).  Instead of fighting with that phone I purchased a new UNLOCKED phone (blu advance a4).    I have no other phones to check it on.

If that Samsung Core was from a Canadian provider then you didn't need to spend anything to get it unlocked. You can also use Samsung themselves to have it unlocked.

ThaT's ok @sarhaisunsung....the community here is just to try to help...give you some suggestions...write a message to the moderator...

but perhaps everything will be OK before you have an answer...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

and write moderator_team in SEND TO

sarhaisunsung

@Alex888  I originally tried it in my unlocked Samsung Core and it did not work (asked for 4 digit code) , believing to phone not being unlocked, I paid to have it unlocked online and was told it couldnt be done (it was formally a pay as you go).  Instead of fighting with that phone I purchased a new UNLOCKED phone (blu advance a4).    I have no other phones to check it on.

sarhaisunsung

@RobertQc I am trying,  I'm sorry,  what have I missed?

No I am not on wifi.  Yes it is still recieving texts.

It is a Blu Advance A4 A33OU

Yes I checked it.

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

Its a Blue Advance A4       it says it will work through Public Mobile check and willmyphonework.net

@sarhaisunsungThat is a dual sim phone. Try moving your sim card to the other slot

sarhaisunsung

Its a Blue Advance A4       it says it will work through Public Mobile check and willmyphonework.net

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If you can, test the SIM in a different phone. If you don't have access to another phone, try taking the SIM out, tape it down with a small piece of tape and put it back in.

@sarhaisunsung wrote:

It was sending and recieving texts NOT on wifi.  Through phone message centre.

Please read all of the posts and respond to all of the questions.

Mlheung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is some possible reasons to cause this problem.

1). Sim card or sim card slot problem

2). Apn setting issue.

3). Sofeware issue.

Hope it may help.

sarhaisunsung

It was sending and recieving texts NOT on wifi.  Through phone message centre.

Need Help? Let's chat.