cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Alerts

Babineau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way of getting text alerts when voicemail is left by a caller?

12 REPLIES 12

@gpixel wrote:

@Babineau you can use a free app called you mail. it will send you emails and I think you can set it up for texts too. it's actually a visual voicemail app: youmail.com

I also use youmail - and I don't even use the app. I just have it setup to just e-mail me any voicemails. And you even get 20 per month transcribed to text as well.  All you need to do is set all three of the conditional call forwards to one of their Canadian DID's (No answer, Busy, and Out of the service area/no reply)

Another option is a similar service from voip.ms for higher volume - buy a Canadian DID for 85c/month, then its 0.9c/min for calls to voicemail, and another 0.5/min for optional transcription to email. If you want to get fancy, you can setup a menu to allow them to try to reach you elsewhere as well..

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Babineau you can use a free app called you mail. it will send you emails and I think you can set it up for texts too. it's actually a visual voicemail app

youmail.com

Of course you can call your number and access VM from a Landline if you are just trying to conserve outgoing minutes.

AE_Collector

@Babineau wrote:

For this, you would have to use some third-party voicemail service. Otherwise, you're going to have to dial in to your voicemail to see who left the messages.

My iPhone 6S Plus lights up the Message indicator when I have a Voice Mail Message. Of course I still miss that sometimes but it is there.

AE_Collector

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Babineau  As an alternative to text notifications you could get a Fongo.com account and forward calls there. Fongo has an voicemail to email service. 
Setup the call forwarding with a delay to allow time to answer. 

dial: *61*Fongo number**30#; the time delay is 5 to 30 seconds in 5 second increments. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Babineau PM does not support Visual Voicemail. If you have an iPhone and VM was enabled on your device before switching to Public Mobile that will cause the VM notification on your phone to not work  VVM must be turned off before switching.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Babineau 

Unfortunately, PM doesn’t offer that. You get notifications when someone leaves you a voicemail anyways.

@Babineau 

Public mobile does not support SMS notification voice mail.  Different phones have different alerts or warnings when there is a voice mail message.  Companies like rogers, fido, freedom mobile do have this service. 

Public mobile is a no frills, low cost carrier.  Some of these extras are not provided unfortunately.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Babineau wrote:

Why? You can get "alerts" when voicemail comes too. So what would be the difference? You can get alerted for just about everything on phones. They're called notifications.

Myahya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have a Samsung phone you can enable the phone app's notifications and you will have a notification for your voicemail calls, sorry for iPhone users I can't help.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I don't think there is any way to get a text reminder.

Need Help? Let's chat.