cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus

Keml
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 phone that are still on contact with telus but I have 3 phone on my plan can I still switch to this? 

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo wrote:

I would phone telus and ask what happens if you port out ie what would your final bill be.  And ask how long you have till you can port out with no cost. 

Then I would figure how much you would save by switching now  until your contract ends. If savings are greater than the penalty then switch

@Keml alternatively, you can look in your online account or My Telus app.  It should show you the remaining device balances on your devices.  Assuming you have a personal plan, this is all that Telus can charge you (plus your pro-rated plan cost for the portion of the month you've used at time of porting, plus any overages you've accrued during the current billing cycle) when you port your number out.  

That said, if you're on a commercial account, I believe they are still allowed to charge cancellation fees (the rule change a few years ago only applies to personal accounts).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You would have to pay off the remaining balance on your phone. Ex if your contract 2 years and you went 1 year before switching then you'd owe half the tab discount you received.

Of course you can change over here any time you like.  

Just if there is penalty or not.  Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Telus bill will show device balance or something like that. And of course then there's the two years since you got it for it to be "paid off".

Then yeah...which ever comes out cheaper in that time period... make your decision.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would phone telus and ask what happens if you port out ie what would your final bill be.  And ask how long you have till you can port out with no cost. 

Then I would figure how much you would save by switching now  until your contract ends. If savings are greater than the penalty then switch

@hairbag1 wrote:

Long as your phone is unlocked and not still under contract you should be fine. Check out willmyphonework.net.

I customer doesn't need to check compatibility when the phone is already being used at Telus.  It's the same network here.  The phone also doesn't need to be unlocked because Telus-locked device will work at Public Mobile.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Long as your phone is unlocked and not still under contract you should be fine. Check out willmyphonework.net.

krzcnck
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

depends how many months you have left on those contracts and if you want to pay them off!!  

Keml
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Contracts sorry

Need Help? Let's chat.