cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus number deactivated; still no service

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Of my two Telus phones; One ported July. 30, within minutes, the second number did not port; but credit card charged, account established. I just got email at 3:00AM today, August 1, that my Telus number is deactivated, I called and get "Number no longer in service" message, but my SIM is not activated and no service.

At least before I had my phone working; paying two carriers, now I have no phone, and paying PM for nothing. My other phone - works fine, wife is happy. I'm out of work, job search mode, my resume is out there, if anybody does call - they will get the "number no longer in service" message - what an absolute nightmare.

Nobody at Public Mobile is stepping up to help me, this is just unbelievable, I think I lost my phone number, I am so screwed. I have meeting tomorow with BC Employment, what am I supposed to do? I feel like cutting myself. Nobody will help me. I was trying to save money, we could not afford the Telus cell service. I made a huge mistake trusting Public Mobile. 

I tried adding $1 top off, I tried cancelling and resuming service, nothing works. They were able to successfully charge my credit card. That part - Plublic Mobile seems to be able to get right. It is just the phone part they are falling short on. Don't they realize that you need a cell phone to get a job? 

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aridShrub wrote:

Of my two Telus phones; One ported July. 30, within minutes, the second number did not port; but credit card charged, account established. I just got email at 3:00AM today, August 1, that my Telus number is deactivated, I called and get "Number no longer in service" message, but my SIM is not activated and no service.

@aridShrub  Two Telus phones under one account or two seperate accounts? If one account whos was the primary account holder?

Dids you try restarting your phone after you received the email from Telus? Power down remove the sim for 15 minutes and then try to see what happens.

If it still doesn't work While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

At least before I had my phone working; paying two carriers, now I have no phone, and paying PM for nothing. My other phone - works fine, wife is happy. I'm out of work, job search mode, my resume is out there, if anybody does call - they will get the "number no longer in service" message - what an absolute nightmare.

Nobody at Public Mobile is stepping up to help me, this is just unbelievable, I think I lost my phone number, I am so screwed. I have meeting tomorow with BC Employment, what am I supposed to do? I feel like cutting myself. Nobody will help me. I was trying to save money, we could not afford the Telus cell service. I made a huge mistake trusting Public Mobile. 

I tried adding $1 top off, I tried cancelling and resuming service, nothing works. They were able to successfully charge my credit card. That part - Plublic Mobile seems to be able to get right. It is just the phone part they are falling short on. Don't they realize that you need a cell phone to get a job? 

@aridShrub  In some cases delays occur because the moderator needs to wait for a response from the Telus support team for a resoloution. At this point nothing you can do but to be patient.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@aridShrub, I feel for you.  The feeling may be that nobody is stepping up at Public Mobile.  If you look at the recent discussions/debates, the level of customer service at Public Mobile is not where it needs to be at the moment.  Moderator team interactions are taking several days.  I assume when you say you are ignored, it means that private messages going to the moderator team are going unanswered for long periods of time.  Those of us who have been here for a while are accustomed to seeing swings in response time performance.  Rest assured that your issue will be dealt with even if takes a bit of time.  Meanwhile, do not worry about losing your phone number.  That won't happen.  The number resides with Telus and will not be assigned to anyone for months.  The moderators will be able to pull it from the system and assign it back to you once they work on your case. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@aridShrub  Hopefully this will all be resolved soon.

Are you able to logon Self-Serve-Self to check that all is well. Account is active?

Have you tried your SIM card in spouse's phone?

If you already tried the lost/stolen phone trick, only thing left to do is wait for Moderator response.

Make sure you have messaged them using this link. Response time varies up to 2 days, but they are working to improve this.

Important note regarding sign-up: It is always recommended to activate first and check that your service is working well before porting your number over from another provider.

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a problem porting two phones from one Telus account.

Need Help? Let's chat.