cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Telephone repeatly call number 9025804001 by itself

Call forwarding and using your cellphone to access VM count towards the 50 minutes in your plan. The number looks like PM's voicemail # (my VM is always 647-580-4001).

You can call your 9025804001 from another line to access your VM so it will not eat into your 50 minutes.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SonPham wrote:

I justed activated Public Mobile Plan: "$10 / 30 days / 50 minutes / 50 texts" in a Walmart store a few days ago. I check "my usage" on Public Mobile web site and found that my phone is calling a number 9025804001 by itself repeatedly, also it showed that I have used 5 minutes of my 50 monthly minutes (10%). 

I also want those call charges to my minutes to be reversed.

Those voicemails that someone left you shouldn't use up any minutes as long as you don't retrieve them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

Oracle

@MacMe I believe you are incorrect voicemail does use minutes evenretrirving from land lines.

There were some revisions and changes to what uses and doesn't use minutes. Unfortunately call forwarding and all voicemail Pete put on the use minutes side.

This was from a few days ago:

@Brooke_C wrote:

If a friend calls you, leaves a voicemail and you choose to not retrieve this message, your minutes will not be used. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

Oracle

@MacMe  i might have mis understood/misinterperted your message.  the way i read it is if someone leave you a voice mail but you dont get it you are saying it will not use your minutes.  if that is what you saying i still believe it is wrong.  from the updated FAQ :

uses minutes: Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages 

my reading of it is as follows:

If someone leaves you a 1 minute message and you retreive it you pay two time once for them leaving it the second for listening to it.  if you decide to ignore the  voicemail and let it be deleted in due time (without listening to it)  then you only pay for for the person leaving the message.

I guess I misunderstood what Brooke said:

If a friend calls you, leaves a voicemail and you choose to not retrieve this message, your minutes will not be used.

I thought it meant no minutes are used in this whole process, but you're probably right @mimmo.  Its like this:

If a friend calls you, leaves a voicemail (this will use minutes) and you choose to not retrieve this message, your minutes will not be used. (no minutes used)

These aren't phantom outgoing calls to this number.  Carriers have long listed calls to the voicemail deposit number as outgoing when there is no outgoing call.  The entries in your usage history simply mean that someone was sent to your voicemail box.  They don't even necessarily have to leave a message for these usage history entiries to show up.

Now, as for your plan, this should not be using up any part of your 50 minutes, although calling in and listening to your voice messages using your cell phone will.

Mayor / Maire

It seems there is still confusion out there about this plan and voicemail.

YES, you would EXPECT that someone calling you and the call ending up in your voicemail woudl not uese up your minutes.  And this is what PM intended for this plan.  However, they ran into technical issues and back-peddled on that.  The announcment post has been updated to reflect it.  In particular:

What does and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

• Making a call
  • Answering a call
  • Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
  • Using call forwarding
  • Calling *611 (the IVR)
  • Making or receiving calls from 911
  • Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

So YES, you are 100% being charged airtime from your 50 mins whenever a call goes to voicemail, unfortunately.

Also for anyone curious about the various regional voicemail numbers, you can find the list here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

A call going to voicemail using minutes is troubling.  I can't say with certainty, but I would not be surprised if a minute would be allocated even if the caller hung up before leaving a message.  If that is the case, I would argue that this plan could be next to useless for many people.  Hopefully, customers are only charge a minute when an actual message is left. The 50 minute plan is the very type of light usage plan in which users need to be on close control of usage amounts, yet users have no control over airtime used when a call gets directed to voicemail.

I can only think of one carrier that ever charged airtime for voice message deposits.  I believe Fido prepaid still does practice this to this day.

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

A call going to voicemail using minutes is troubling.  I can't say with certainty, but I would not be surprised if a minute would be allocated even if the caller hung up before leaving a message.  If that is the case, I would argue that this plan could be next to useless for many people.  Hopefully, customers are only charge a minute when an actual message is left. The 50 minute plan is the very type of light usage plan in which users need to be on close control of usage amounts, yet users have no control over airtime used when a call gets directed to voicemail.

@computergeek541 I totally agree that this is not good.  I can't confirm either way about your question of whether the caller needs to actually leave you a voicemail message but my belief is that you will be chared as soon as the call hits your outgoing voicemail.  The reason I say this is because using call forwarding minutes is now (as of the revised plan) in the column of things that use minutes for this plan, and the call going to your voicemail is really just call forwarding when unavailable.  Unfortunately the workaround of recording an extended absence greeting would not help in this case, but the workaround of removing the voicemail box number likely would.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.