cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telemarketer

BSR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How Come I get telemarketer calls every 15 mins someday. 

9 REPLIES 9

Jamesglasman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Gotta block them or change your number 

april_h30

@BSR 

In my experience, I just don't answer when I know it is a telemarker calling.

If they don't leave a message, that is a red flag.

Mitch1

Recently the crtc announced it will start blocking telemarketing calls. I doubt they will be affective . Blocking these numbers should generate an option to "report as spam" while doing so on your phone -or at least mine does. Eventually enough people report a spam number the crtc should block it from networks or so they say that's the plan

@kselmak wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 

I seriously doubt national do not call list will help much

These people have no regard for anything let alone the government list.

Usually they spoof numbers and don't believe they will be traced back (and 99.9% of times that's the case) if they have that list, that's exactly what they would use to have more live hits

If most the telemarketers calling you are obeying, signing up would help. I know that the law breakers and international telemarketers will use the DNCL as a phonebook.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BSR wrote:

For starters...if you don't recognize the callers number; don't answer it. Let it go to the voicemail.

Once you answer, the boiler rooms know your number is active and they'll be relentless.

@cellphoneuser1 

I seriously doubt national do not call list will help much

These people have no regard for anything let alone the government list.

Usually they spoof numbers and don't believe they will be traced back (and 99.9% of times that's the case) if they have that list, that's exactly what they would use to have more live hits

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@BSR wrote:

Telemarketing is common but every 15 minutes is extreme. You can block or change your number but you can't avoid it. National so not call list will help stop telemarketers that follow the rules but it won't help for those that don't care.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I ask the same thing too.  I also get called by the CRA, spam calls from all over the world with inflated long distance charges hoping that I would do a call back.  The amount of attention that I get via email is even greater.  My spam folder is about the size of my inbox.  Welcome to the 21st century!  Honestly how is this any different than coming home to a completely full mail box every day? 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@BSR 

Spam callers are calling more frequently recently. You can try blocking the numbers.

Or you could change your phone number.  Not an easy solution. 

Need Help? Let's chat.