cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tel service

Lab1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. Suddenly I get a message saying I am not a registered user when I try to make a phone call. What is the problem?

7 REPLIES 7

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Lab1 wrote:

I cannot log in to self service but was able to check the status of my SIM card on my phone and it says not connect; emergency calls only; out of service.  Help!

Hi @Lab1 did you also check if the last 4 digit number of your sim card in your self serve account, the same as the last 4 digit number of your sim card, as suggested by @HALIMACS ?

If they are not the same, you'd been sim jacked.  Contact the Moderator Team using the links provided in @HALIMACS post above.

RosieR

@Lab1 wrote:

I cannot log in to self service but was able to check the status of my SIM card on my phone and it says not connect; emergency calls only; out of service.  Help!

How long have you had that phone ? If you just got it recently...where did you get it from ? When did your last renewal occur ?

@Lab1 wrote:

Do the 19 digits on the SIM card in your phone MATCH the digits on the SIM card registered on your self-serve account, @Lab1 ?

If not, please follow earlier advice.

If you continue to have problems, you may wish to contact a Public Mobile moderator:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Lab1 wrote:

Can you try logging into self service again. Clear browser cache. Close browser and open a new window in incognito/private. 

Take your SIM card out and reinsert it and reboot.

Lab1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Lab1 wrote:

Hi. Suddenly I get a message saying I am not a registered user when I try to make a phone call. What is the problem?

Please check this, @Lab1 

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Lab1 

Can you log into self service and let us know what your account status is? Active?

Need Help? Let's chat.