cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tangerine

ykadn180
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if you get the 2% cash back from Tangerine mastercard under the recurring payment category. Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also agree...from what I've read. *Most* "bills" are on the same day. This "bill" floats with the 30 days. And no, it's not a bill. It's a renewed agreement for service. And as mentioned, you're not obligated to pay it. Other bills have a look back part for consumption during the last term. You have to pay that. None of that here.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ykadn180  i am with tangerine, When i first enrolled with PM and make my first payment, unfortunately it is not belong to recurring payment even under my chosen categories. not know why before i am using fido, yes, it counts.

I have to agree, I've never seen anybody get a Public Mobile classified as anything related to reoccurring bill payment.  It's not a bill.  You sign up for a 30- or 90- prepaid contract, and you are not obligated to renew at the expiry of your agreed to term.

On day 30 or 90, depending on your cycle length, you are provided with the opportunity to renew your current choice of plan and cycle, or walk away.  If you have autopay enabled, this effectively says "Yes I  want to continue, please charge me for the same terms of service I previously agreed to" and the plan will continue, and you will be offered the same agreement going forward.

If you do not have AutoPay enable, you must top up your account on or before day 30 or 90, to continue.

If you choose to walk away, you should remove payment information, and disable autopay before you leave, and if you wish to take your number with you, arrange another provider to port your number out before your plan expires.

Only Postpaid are reoccurring bills.  Public Mobile, is not such a bill.

terrymc48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recurring bill payments qualify for the 2% cash back on Tangerine MasterCard.  Considering that PM does not have plans that are not prepaid, then it will not likely be categorized as a recurring bill payment.  You would still receive the minimum cash back as a purchase.  Hope this helps.

Agree with @srlawren! I've had Tangerine on auto pay in the past, and it's never a recurring payment at 2% 😞

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ykadn180 wrote:

I was wondering if you get the 2% cash back from Tangerine mastercard under the recurring payment category. Anyone can confirm this?

Thanks

@ykadn180 

I can tell you definitively that, unless PM has changed its bill designation recently, Public Mobile autopay payments do not count as recurring bill payments. Looking through my records, from Feb 2017 to Aug 2017, I had set Recurring Bills as one of my Tangerine Mastercard 2% categories and in that period I had three PM autopays deducted from my Tangerine MC. All of them generated only the lowest level of cashback (formerly 1% which later got downgraded to 0.5%).

chkha

We don't have a Tangerine CC set up for recurring bills but do have a TD credit card that gives cash back also for recurring bills.  Unfortunately, PM's autopay did not qualify with TD.

Not sure if Tangerine would but suspect not.

Hope this helps.

@ykadn180 wrote:

Yeah, the best way is to try it out myself. Don't have Tangerine yet but will get it soon. Just that I don't want to switch categories if it doesn't work since it takes time to switch categories. 

Anyway you will have 0.5% with your bills with public mobile because ..www.png

ykadn180

If anyone can confirm in their own bank statement from Tangerine, that will be awesome! 🙂

ykadn180

Yeah, the best way is to try it out myself. Don't have Tangerine yet but will get it soon. Just that I don't want to switch categories if it doesn't work since it takes time to switch categories. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy wrote:

On the website it mentions recurring bill payment s.

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/spending/creditcard/

@Triguy with all due respect, I think @ykadn180 already knows about the program. They are asking whether PM bill payments qualifies for the 2%.

@ykadn180 I can't answer this and have no experienc with Tangerine, but, I have seen many threads in the community of people asking why they are not getting this type of reward from various credit card companies and the answer was always that PM didn't have it set up to be categorized as a recurring payment.  I have seen nothing to my recollection that would make me think this has changed, and I would be suprised if you did get the 2% back.  But I'd love to hear otherwise.  Have you tried setting it up?  Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

On the website it mentions recurring bill payment s.

https://www.tangerine.ca/en/products/spending/creditcard/

ykadn180

Really appreciate all the comments. Just need someone who actually owns a Tangerine MC and can confirm the recurring bill payment for 2% cash back. 

Thank you! 🙂

@ykadn180 I would imagine only a post paid account will qualify as recurring.. as prepaid is never under a contract so to speak.

ykadn180

There where some posts indicating customers only getting 0.5% cash back and did not qualify as recurring payment option. 

@ykadn180 wrote:

I did call Tangerine. They told me to call the merchant because it depends on the company, not Tangerine..

In my mind...RECURRING BILL PAYMENTS....????

@ykadn180 wrote:

I did call Tangerine. They told me to call the merchant because it depends on the company, not Tangerine..

I think you really should have selected @Lieux as a Solution to your question as his response was more accurate. You can click on the 3 dots on upper right side of dialogue box and edit your Solution to reflect that better answer.

Thanks.

ykadn180

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks

aaa.png

aaa.png

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks

You will receive 2% from any amount from 2 or 3 categories you have decided.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ykadn180 wrote:

Thanks

Your best bet is to give Tangerine a call and ask that question.

Need Help? Let's chat.