cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk

annalena
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I've got my public mobile sim card a few days ago, since yesterday my phone plan is activated, including data, text and call. Data and text is working, but I cant make calls and if others try to call the voicemail is immediatelly answering. I allready took out the simcard and I checked the apn settings. What shall I do?

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@annalena okay so your plan should definitely be fine (the reason I asked is it's quite possible to run out of minutes on the $10 plan, but that is the only plan to which this issue applies so you're good there).  

Can you confirm that you didn't change your phone's preferred network type to 4G/LTE-only?  If you did, you would still be able to use data and texting but not be able to make phone calls.  

Other than that, at this point if you haven't already, I'd definitely recommend you send a private message to the moderator team for assistance, as there may be a glitch with your account in the back-end systems.  To learn how to private message the moderator team, please see here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

annalena

I am on the 40$ plan

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@annalena okay pardon the question, but what plan are you on?  Do you happen to be on the $10 plan with 50 mins of talk time and 50 outbound text messages?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

annalena

I am just talking about data and Text, what worked the whole time .Talk is still Not working (even if I tried this "stolen phone" trick)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@annalena wrote:

ItsI worling perfectpy.

@annalena:

If you're still around, what (if anything in particular) got it working for you?

annalena

ItsI worling perfectpy.

annalena

I tried the stolen phone thing, it didnt change the situation. Thanks for the Link, i will so that soon.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It might be worthwhile to do the lost phone toggle to see if that solves the problem.  If not, then it could be an account provisioning issue affecting phone calls.  In that case, you would need to seek moderator team assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@annalena wrote:

Exactly, I am able to send and receive text messages. My phone worked before on calls, so the phone also can't really be the Problem.

That's why I suggested the Lost/Stolen trick. If the phone isn't locked (which it seems it isn't due to the texts) and it isn't an issue where you can call out but not get calls (port issue) it sounds like your SIM just needs reset (Lost/Stolen trick).

annalena

Exactly, I am able to send and receive text messages. My phone worked before on calls, so the phone also can't really be the Problem.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@annalena, when you say text work, I take that to mean you are able to send and receive text messages without issue.  This is an indication that the phone number associated with the account is not the problem. 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are porting a number from another carrier it can take a little while.

• It can be 4-6 hours or so for a Mobile to Mobile.
  • 2-3 Business days for Landline to Mobile
  • and up to a week or so for VOIP to Mobile.

Try reporting your phone has lost/stolen in your PM account. Wait 5-10 minutes and then report it found. That will rejigger your SIM and account. If that still doesn't work, and it has been a few days for mobile to mobile then you might have a stuck port and need the mod team.

@annalena wrote:

Hi. I've got my public mobile sim card a few days ago, since yesterday my phone plan is activated, including data, text and call. Data and text is working, but I cant make calls and if others try to call the voicemail is immediatelly answering. I allready took out the simcard and I checked the apn settings. What shall I do?

Need Help? Let's chat.