cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO many attempts on my new SIM card.

LouisMTL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

TO many attempts on my new SIM card.and now I cannot register the new unused SIM card. My payment method would not go through 7 times and then it just said the SIM card # is invalid.

7 REPLIES 7

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If after an hour wait you still have issues here is the support chat for activation

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As @gpixel said wait an hour and retry in incognito mode. This worked for me. For any further sim’s you’re activating always do it in incognito. For some reason it works much better.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@LouisMTL Wait for 1 or 2 hours, clear cache and cookies of the browser, and try again using incognito mode. It should help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LouisMTL wrote:

TO many attempts on my new SIM card.and now I cannot register the new unused SIM card. My payment method would not go through 7 times and then it just said the SIM card # is invalid.

@LouisMTL  Try the sim card in your phone. If it connects to the Public Mobile network then you card was activated. Dial 611 from your phone to see if you get a response. If not, then wait for an hour for the current session lock to clear and try the activation again.

If you're having trouble registering your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try using a different browser.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot and try waiting an hour the try again.  Check your credit to make sure that you were not charged.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@LouisMTL try using your browser in incognito/private mode, restart your computer and try again in an hour

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@LouisMTL hi you may have to wait an hour for the system to reset you can get assistance to sign up on the live chat here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.