cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THIS SERVICE IS *****

Sikhvato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i been giving you guys benefit of the doubt. how are you running a business with no human interactions. you guys are absolute *****. nobody helps. my phone has been in service ACTIVE for the last 2 months 25$ a month and still no service? can't change the phone number? you guys are something else. so many moderators tryed helping i understand you guys are doing your job to the best of your ability but how do you expect to help people when you have no stores no phone centres no nothing. MY MOBILE NETWORK STATE says disconnected. but service state is in service HOW does that make any sense im paying for a phone that i can't use

19 REPLIES 19

Surfergrl72

Do you possibly just need a new Sim card? Do you have an older or new phone? I'm definitely no expert but wondering if it's possibly one of those issues. My friend had the same problem but with a different carrier. She purchased a new Sim card online and once she received it her phone worked again. I'm sorry you're having such difficulties . I personally love public mobile though I agree at times not being able to speak to someone live is a hassle. I would gladly work for them and take calls from customers. Even if they just provided me with free service and unlimited data in exchange. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one. Are you still having issues? 

@srlawren @AE_Collector 

Yes but are always going to get users posting there own problem on a thread that they think relates to their own. This happens to be about trash and apparently trash talk as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

<edit> And now I see we aren't even talking with the OP any longer.....

@AE_Collector aye.  This is the problem with threads not being closed after a reasonable period of time post-resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

The OP did post a follow up post the next day. It was titled "Sorry for yesterdays post" if anyone wanted to merge the two together.

<edit> And now I see we aren't even talking with the OP any longer.....

AE_Collector

owenlives

totally agree dude.. i've tried resetting my password for the last 3 days.. called them, yeah, like that **bleep** works!!! autobots.. if i wanted autobots, i'd watch transformers, ffs. 

it won't accept my answer to the security ? i inputted in the store and now i get the 1 hour lockout punishment.. i just want to check my **bleep** account.. but nooooooooo, god forbid that ease of use be added to the tech world in 2019.. 

Arily4

Unfortunately, there is no 'service' per se, which is how the company keeps costs for us consumers so low. I get that there's an issue, and im sure that's beyond frustrating, but you get what you pay for sometimes. That said, my experience has been great but, like anything, there are always lemons. 

I hope you get it resolved quick. Just keep posting in other topics with your specific question.

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Sikhvato alright let's start with some basics:  has your phone ever worked since activating with Public Mobile?  If not, what brand and model is your phone?  Was it purchased in Canada or overseas/imported?  If it was purchaed in Canada, did you originally purchase it, and if so, from which carrier (if you bought from a carrier)?  Or, did you buy it second hand?

The answers to these questions will help tell us if you are maybe having compatibility issues, or perhaps your phone might be locked to a previous provider.

It may be neither of these, but since your service shows as active but nothing is flowing, these seem like good things to rule out.

@Sikhvato do you have time to follow up soon?  Or have you sorted out your issue?

@srlawren  he made another thread with an update.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/sorry-for-yesterdays-post/m-p/455646

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Sikhvato  Just to reiterate....the community is here to help you and we are happy to do so. There have been other users that have left issues not be solved by infrequent visits to the community and have not followed up for days or weeks and it has led to great frustration their part. Come back and participate in the conversation you have started. You may be surprised at how quickly we might be able to offer a solution.

srlawren

@srlawren wrote:

@Sikhvato alright let's start with some basics:  has your phone ever worked since activating with Public Mobile?  If not, what brand and model is your phone?  Was it purchased in Canada or overseas/imported?  If it was purchaed in Canada, did you originally purchase it, and if so, from which carrier (if you bought from a carrier)?  Or, did you buy it second hand?

The answers to these questions will help tell us if you are maybe having compatibility issues, or perhaps your phone might be locked to a previous provider.

It may be neither of these, but since your service shows as active but nothing is flowing, these seem like good things to rule out.

@Sikhvato do you have time to follow up soon?  Or have you sorted out your issue?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Twinkles
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can understand the frustration, and even I am a fairly new user although before signing up and changing carriers I knew that Public Mobile didn't have that type of cutsomer service and this isn't for everyone.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

if restarting the phone does nothing, try removing the sim card and giving it a quick wipe then installing it again...and IF that also doesn't work you can try resetting the network connections. Good lunck!

The way PM does its support isn't a mystery before one signs up. Doing your homework first is always recommended. If you knew that not having a call centre wouldn't work for you, why are you here? You can't possibly have been waiting for your phone to start working for sonewhere between 30 and 60 days since activating? Is this your first post in the community after talking with moderators about the problem? Do keep in mind that we in the community are customers volunteering to help out so consider that in how you post here.

AE_Collector

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Sikhvato wrote:

i been giving you guys benefit of the doubt. how are you running a business with no human interactions. you guys are absolute trash. nobody helps. my phone has been in service ACTIVE for the last 2 months 25$ a month and still no service? can't change the phone number? you guys are something else. so many moderators tryed helping i understand you guys are doing your job to the best of your ability but how do you expect to help people when you have no stores no phone centres no nothing. MY MOBILE NETWORK STATE says disconnected. but service state is in service HOW does that make any sense im paying for a phone that i can't use

As a new PM customer, I fully understand your feeling of spending money but can't use your service and there is no one to speak with from a "call center". Anyone experienced that might feel panic and upset; however, I don't understand why you have to use those language in such a forum to make everyone feel uncomfortable. You should know before you switch to PM that it has no customer representative so solving any problem takes time in the community.  I sincerely hope that the replys above could help you get your problem solved ASAP.

srlawren

@Sparkydog wrote:

You won't get any real help so my advice is start over with a new SIM and a new phone number if you want the savings. Just forget about whatever you've already spent. Or port elsewhere

@Sikhvato let's try my questions first and see if it leads us anywhere.  If your phone is incompatible, spending more money on another SIM and plan won't help.  If your phone is locked to another provider, the only resolution is to contact them and get it unlocked, so buying another SIM and plan would be a waste of money.  Your phone could also have been blacklisted by the seller if you bought it second hand, in which case all the SIM cards and new plans in the world wouldnt' help you use it.  

Sparkydog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup! That's about it. Great price point and good value if the sign up goes smoothly. If not, you're banging your head against a very thick pane of glass. You won't get any real help so my advice is start over with a new SIM and a new phone number if you want the savings. Just forget about whatever you've already spent. Or port elsewhere

Signed: Been there, Done that

srlawren

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sikhvato 

If you can still access your self-serve account then go into Change SIM and compare the last 4 digits recorded there to the last 4 digits on your actual SIM card. Don't actually change anything there. Just look at it. They should be the same obviously. If the SIM numbers match then maybe try the SIM in another compatible unlocked phone to see if the service works there.

While there, maybe take a screen snip of your overview page so we can see what you have. Blank out personal info of course.

You can only change the phone number once every 30 days like your term.

Sikhvato

how can it be sim swapped if i cant even access my own phone bro like

@SikhvatoYou really don't want to put your SIM # and phone number on the public sphere like this, you are just asking your phone number to be SIM swapped!

You can only change your phone number once every 30 days.

You can access everything you need to do via the selfserve

Sikhvato

Need Help? Let's chat.