cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS and PUBLIC MOBILE same?

Pavlik07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it true that Telus owns Public Mobile?I heard they had some kind of relationship but I'm not sure what kind of?

10 REPLIES 10

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Thanks. But why does there have to be two companies instead of one???

Ever hear of a little outfit that owns Buick and Chevrolet?

"Brand Marketing" is a huge and complex topic.

Big Three telecomms, Big Five publishers, Big Twelve data brokers, Big Three credit agencies, Big Three automotive, Coca-Cola vs Pepsi, Labatts vs Molson, etc. Consumers are given an illusion of choice between many brands (and will establish pro-brand or anti-brand bias over time). But "many" brands are all directly controlled by and funneled into one of the Big Few corporate coffers.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Is it true that Telus owns Public Mobile?I heard they had some kind of relationship but I'm not sure what kind of?

Yes, Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

Heh... Public Mobile literally *is* Telus Mobility - this right out of the Service Terms:

"“We”, “us” and “our” refers to the mobility division of TELUS Communications Inc.;" 😁

@Pavlik07 wrote:

different plans and speeds for different customers depending on price customers are hoping to pay

@Pavlik07  Actually it's 3 companies. Telus, Koodo and Public. Why? Because three companies gives the illusion of competition.

@Pavlik07 wrote:

All the carriers have different tiers with different plans and prices to compete with each other to attract customers.

Public Mobile is tier 3 competing mainly against Lucky Mobile and Chatr.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Ever hear of a little outfit that owns Buick and Chevrolet?

Pavlik07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Yes, Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Pavlik07 wrote:

Telus owns Public Mobile and Koodo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pavlik07 : Yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.