cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to PM with same number

rverdeflor69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If we switch to PM, can we keep the same number? How about if there are other plns attached to the original plan (i.e. smart watches has 2GB sharable plan that is attached to the original plan with Bell). I am really interested to switch as I pay too much for a phone bill. 

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am not sure the Public Mobile plans would be smart watch compatible unless the thing accepts a SIM card.  Hopefully that is not a deal killer.

I'd recommend getting 1 pm account with a NEW number. Then when everything is working, you can port in your old number to that account.

You can always move the other numbers over if it's working well for you. 

Make sure you don't port the primary number on a sharing plan first. It can cause issues as the shared data is attached to the primary plan.

Don't forget to ask for a referral code to get $10 off your first  MONTH on your first account. You can then use your own for any others.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@rverdeflor69  You can keep the number(s) by porting them to Public Mobile.. each number needs a different email address.

There is no shareable plans.. also Public does not support eSim.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

No shared data. But multiple plans might still.save you money. Not always of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.