cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching plan problem

poohchai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi,

My account is to switch over to a new plan today May 27. When I checked my account it said plan expired and account is suspend.  i tried to make a payment by switching the credit card payment for the autopay of the new plan and i got an error.

Could someone advise me what to do?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

NancyJ

@poohchai 

I recently changed my plan and was on autopay-I didn;t need to change anything for the payment to be made towards the new plan. You can make a one time payment to your account for the amount due and that should solve your problem. 

@poohchai 

If your account is suspended, that means that autopay failed.  You will have to do something to restart your account.  You might want ot make sure that your credit card was not charged first. Also, check the payment history to make sure funds were not added.  

As described above, you could manually load funds to your account equivalent to your new month plan.  That should restart your plan.  

Personally, I never had to restart my plan.  Is there an option to renew your plan in the payment area?

poohchai

so i just make a one time payment by putting an amount manually?  i tried to switch payment from the old plan to the new plan but it isn't working.  i am just worry that i may complicate the matter further by making unnecessary transaction.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if your phone not working, it may due to auto pay failed.  it happen s sometimes, just manually load the money to the available funds, it will works after u load the money. 

poohchai

thanks for details info.

However, my service is no longer working as of now.  According to my account info,  the new plan has been switched over.  Though it is still shown account suspended for insufficient fund.  Should i continue to wait? and how long?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@poohchai wrote:

hi,

My account is to switch over to a new plan today May 27. When I checked my account it said plan expired and account is suspend.  i tried to make a payment by switching the credit card payment for the autopay of the new plan and i got an error.

Thanks.

@poohchai  If you phone is working DO NOT do anything. If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore the suspension message.

The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

@poohchai wrote:

do i need to change the auto payment to the new plan?  currently it set to pay for the old plan which is cheaper.  Would this cost issue for the switching?

If you removed autopay...put it back.  If not, it's going to fund your new plan this evening/morning some time. Long as your phone is still working..relax.

poohchai

do i need to change the auto payment to the new plan?  currently it set to pay for the old plan which is cheaper.  Would this cost issue for the switching?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@poohchai wrote:

hi,

Thanks.

Do nothing. Let the account do it's own thing and you'll find everything is ok.

Need Help? Let's chat.