cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching phones

jessicacjones17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How does it work if you are switching phones and the SIM card you use doesn’t fit in that phone? 

6 REPLIES 6

Koyabtx
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have the 3-in-1 sim card when you bought the sim card, you can use the adapters to find the one that fits into your phone. If you just so happen to no longer own that anymore, i'm sure you could walk into any wireless store and ask if they've got extra sim adapters they can give you. Most stores (if not all) literally have piles of adapters they can just give you! 

Worse case scenario if you don't want to go through that is to just purchase a new sim card and do the sim card change on self-serve.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jessicacjones17 If you know someone has the tool to resize the SIM, you don't need to buy a new one. 

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jessicacjones17 wrote:

How does it work if you are switching phones and the SIM card you use doesn’t fit in that phone? 

Usually the PM sim cards are 3 in one. If you need to go from micro to nano should be able to punch out the card and make it smaller. If that is not possible you just purchase a new SIM and sign in  online and select the change SIM card option. Enter the new SIM number insert the new card in your phone and you should be good to go.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Pm Sims are triple punch 3 and one.  When I needed a bigger size  I have gone to a mobile store and asked them if the have any old unused sim parts. 

Buck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
No problems by switching phones. Just use the included adapters with your sim card if it doesn't fit the new phone. https://ams.iqmetrix.net/images/a632bad2-669e-400e-baca-638c53158cec/preview/791/498

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jessicacjones17 wrote:

You will need to purchase a new sim card.  Once you have done that log into your self serve and go to change sim.  Enter the new sim card number and your number will then be working on the new sim!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.