cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching over

Silvaggios
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thinking of switching over to pm from koodoo and we want to keep the same number. My wife and I are on same account with koodoo how do I switch one at a time to pm so I can get referral discount?

22 REPLIES 22

@aridShrub wrote:

Glad to hear you have been complaining about PM for some time; and have been so ineffective. Perhaps you might consider how to focus your replies to be more business centric, if there is an effective business case; I find that companies will respond.

To just complain does little good.

I'm super impressed with you having an Oracle status btw.

I never said complaining in my post at all if you look back so I am not sure where you got that from.  You have no idea how much the Oracles do behind the scenes of the community with Public Mobile so I don't think you are able to talk about how focused any proposal was.

I must say though I am not surprised how quickly you jumped to sarcastic personal attacks.  All this from an edited post to make sure we are following community guidelines

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

aridShrub

Glad to hear you have been complaining about PM for some time; and have been so ineffective. Perhaps you might consider how to focus your replies to be more business centric, if there is an effective business case; I find that companies will respond.

To just complain does little good.

I'm super impressed with you having an Oracle status btw.

@aridShrub wrote:

If they have 15 moderators; and a 72 hour wait time; it would seem they need more moderators. Cell phones are time sensitive gear for most people; and it is not disclosed for new accounts that any issues requiring assistance will require a 3 day down time.

If it were a well managed company, they would have a "TOS" (terms of service) commitment; and staff up accordingly. They should also disclose the expected wait time to resolve issues openly on the sign-up web page. That way, people can make the choice, if they can live with 3 days to get help, they can make an informed choice.

I certainly had no idea I would have to wait 3 days to get even the most basic help, when something has "gone wrong' due to PM's own infrastructure. It just isn't a good way to do business, to basically lie about your service commitment.

That is all stuff we have been requesting from PM for a long time now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

aridShrub

If they have 15 moderators; and a 72 hour wait time; it would seem they need more moderators. Cell phones are time sensitive gear for most people; and it is not disclosed for new accounts that any issues requiring assistance will require a 3 day down time.

If it were a well managed company, they would have a "TOS" (terms of service) commitment; and staff up accordingly. They should also disclose the expected wait time to resolve issues openly on the sign-up web page. That way, people can make the choice, if they can live with 3 days to get help, they can make an informed choice.

I certainly had no idea I would have to wait 3 days to get even the most basic help, when something has "gone wrong' due to PM's own infrastructure. It just isn't a good way to do business, to basically lie about your service commitment.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping wrote:

@Silvaggios wrote:

Thanks all, I have a referral number code already so please quit sending personal messages 

thank you all

Member should not send unsolicited spam referral message to OP because OP did not ask for the code.  

My bad

I'm sorry@Silvaggios I misunderstood and was under impression that you need referral for the first account and want to pass your referral to your second account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Silvaggios wrote:

Thanks all, I have a referral number code already so please quit sending personal messages 

thank you all

Member should not send unsolicited spam referral message to OP because OP did not ask for the code.  

@Silvaggios wrote:

thank you all

@Silvaggios  Yeah you probably got swamped. Just out of curiosity how many messages did you receive?

@aridShrubI think Public Mobile has around ~15 moderators, you can differentiate them from the blue MOD badge next to their name.. You can see them on the front page when they log in.

They are the people who are helping people with problems. They are doing the work of a call centre would, that's why everything takes a while here. You can't expect to have lower prices without some corners cut somewhere.

Silvaggios

thank you all

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Silvaggios wrote:

Thinking of switching over to pm from koodoo and we want to keep the same number. My wife and I are on same account with koodoo how do I switch one at a time to pm so I can get referral discount?

@Silvaggios  Since you both are on the same account that means you are on Koodo post-paid. The safest way to do the setup is as follows:

Step 1: Activate the PM sim for the non primary number Koodo account holder. Do not port the number immediately. Obtain a referral code from a friend or other and use it during activation to get the $10 credit. Pick a temporary PM number from available numbers and create you selfserve account. Once the card has been activated insert it in you phone and make sure everything works. Once you are happy with you plan login into selfserve and choose the change phone number option and setup the Koodo port of the non primary number holder on the account. At this point continue to use your Koodo sim card until it stops working. Once it stops it means the port is complete. Insert and check to make sure everything work as it should.

Step 2: Activate the second PM sim but this time use the referral code from above so that the above account holder gets the additional $1 off (30day) referral reward and you get the $10 credit. Same drill, pick a temp number and the plan you want and create your selfserve account. Once everything works go into selfserve and setup the port of the prime number. Again continue to use your Koodo sim until it stops working. Once that happens your Koodo account will automatically close. Pop in you PM sim and welcome to PM! Smiley Happy

@aridShrub wrote:

It looks like PM has a huge amount of moderators to review postings, and only a handful to actually help people with problems.

The moderators really aren't watching the community they are busy with the private messages and dealing with issues.  Oracles also  have the ability to edit and move posts, but we do not work for Public Mobile or Telus

aridShrub

It looks like PM has a huge amount of moderators to review postings, and only a handful to actually help people with problems.

aridShrub

Great question - and you HAVE to do it as you establish the account!

It is easy; switch over the first account; and establish your login credentials (it will send you a text message). Once you do that; go to the "Overview" tab and you will find "Sharing is caring!" information with your referral code. Just use that code when you establish your second account, and you get the credits! You can see my own referral code in the screen shot; I am not spamming it; just including it for illustration; but I won't complain if I get a referral credit.

Edited by ShawnC as there is no posting of referral codes allowed in the community.  If you are using it as an example of where to find it please black it out before posting to the community.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi

I just sent you my referral code.

I would also suggest that you first open an account with temporary number, and then port from your self serve account.

Once your account is up and running you will have access to your own code that you can use for the other account.

Are you prepaid or postpaid?

Also use different address from the one that you use with koodo, they share the system and the same address can cause problems. Later you can change it After the port is finished. You can do that from self-serve as well

@ChuckYeah wrote:

You can ask someone on this forum for the first signup. Then refer the 2nd from your first once you get your referral code. I think it's immediate bit I'm not sure.

I should mention, if you want to get someone's referral code, just hover over their name n the post, and click send message on the screen that pops up. That will allow you to send them a Personal Message and then they can PM you back their code.

GR
Mayor / Maire

It is immediate so you can set 1 account up with a refferal code and then take your own refferal code from that first account and use it for your 2nd account!  Also pick a new number for each new account and then once everything works message the moderator_team and ask them to complete the port from Koodo prepaid. In the meantime you can keep using your Koodo Sim card until the port is complete 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Silvaggios wrote:

@Silvaggios 

Create one account at a time. Then use the referral code from your first account to refer your spouse.

The first account will also $1 credit applied monthly as long as the second account remains active.

Each account will get one-time $10 credit for signing-up with a referral.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SilvaggiosJust to add a small detail.. @ Public Mobile each phone number has to have a unique email address and only 1 phone number / email or account.

If you are on prepaid Koodo your port has to be done by the Moderators. It can take a while so make sure you keep your Koodo account active until your PM account is completely set up.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Silvaggios wrote:

IF you are on koodo prepaid you will need the assistance of the moderators to do this.  If you are on post-paid you will just transfer the phones over 1 at a time.  I moved my parents from Telus on a share everything plan and I referred the first number we ported over at activation  it completed and then we just used that newly ported number to refer the other number over.  Do you have a referral for your first number so you can get the $10 credit as well. Like I said if you are koodo prepaid you will need Mos assistance.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Silvaggios wrote:

You can port one number at a time to PM.

You need your Koodo account number, the number to be ported and the full name on your Koodo account to port a number to PM.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You can ask someone on this forum for the first signup. Then refer the 2nd from your first once you get your referral code. I think it's immediate bit I'm not sure.

Need Help? Let's chat.