cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Rogers prepaid to PM

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello, I just activated with PM and I'm happy with the service after just over a month. So I'm going to switch my wife over to PM very soon, as the end of her billing cycle is approaching. Her phone is on a month to month plan with Rogers. 

I know that I can port her existing number over. So my question is, do I need to contact Rogers after porting her number over to close the account? I'm just trying to avoid the song & dance that seems to happen when you decide to do business with a different company. But of course I don't want Rogers to continue to charge me when I've stopped service with them. Dealing with Rogers can be a pain. They once suddenly overcharged me & it took 4-5 chat sessions to get them to fully reverse the charges properly and refund me!

If you did the above, how was the experience switching away from Rogers?

11 REPLIES 11

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Actually, Rogers did apply a credit to my account & because I have my son's account tied to me, I cannot remove my credit card. But I assume that means the $3 or so that was not used will be applied to my son's next bill. Works for me if that's the case. 

I believe that you got extremely lucky. Policy for prepaid plans usually says that there are no refunds and no balance transfer. This was likely done as purely a goodwill gesture.

bluejaywpg

Actually, Rogers did apply a credit to my account & because I have my son's account tied to me, I cannot remove my credit card. But I assume that means the $3 or so that was not used will be applied to my son's next bill. Works for me if that's the case. 

tabi159w

Usually prepaid carriers don't refund for unused service (PM doesn't either). Welcome to PM!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg Welcome to PM! Glad that you had a smooth transition to here from Rogers. Just make sure that you disabled your CC from Roger's account. Hope you will enjoy PM's service and savings!😉

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bluejaywpg Rogers Prepaied is free to leave or join anytime. There is no need to call. They don't treat their Prepaied customers like they treat their billed ones. You won't get charged as it is a prepaied service. Once you port out the account gets closed and thats it. Prepaied services do not refund unused days. 

bluejaywpg

Also, I guess Rogers doesn't refund for unused service? It'll only be a few bucks anyway if I have to eat it.

bluejaywpg

Thanks everyone. Yes the account is in good standing, and I'll remove the credit card first. Hopefully it doesn't require me to add a different credit card in order to remove the original card.

@bluejaywpg 

As stated above, once you port out, your Rogers account will be closed automatically.  You may want to remove your credit card information from Roger's account before port.  The original carrier will sent the customer a final bill for a refund/balance owing for postpaid plans.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg remove your autopay credit card from her Rogers account before porting it. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

The one thing to ensure is that the Rogers account remains active and in good standing to port the number over to PM.

Once the port is successful completed the system will automatically notify Rogers that your wife has left and to close the Rogers account.

No action at your end needs to be taken.

Ensure you remember to use your referral code (found in your self serve account on the right side) so that your wife receives a $10 sign up bonus applied to the account within 72 hours of activating. As you're the referrer you will receive a $1 reward per 30 days.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg  No need to contact Rogers. Once your number is successfully ported to Pm your Rogers account is automatically closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.