cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Koodoo...

wlknum02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, trying this again, as it didn't work, and I thought this said that it would send me email updates, so I don't have to check in here all the time, but I never received anything, so this has been very disappointing so far.

A few questions, before I submit my ticket again:

1) When it says "Name of account holder", do they mean for the new Public account, or the old Koodoo account?  In this case, it's two different things.  Please have your content management team create better prompts on their forms.

2) I'm not there yet, but I believe it asks for the last 4 from my credit card number... now, again, it doesn't say if it's for the new Public account, or the old Koodoo account.  Again, in this case, two different things.

If you can help, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

HI @wlknum02 ,

@wlknum02 

You'll know they responded when you see a number on the envelope icon between the bell image and your user avatar in the upper right of your screen while logged into Community account.

wlknum02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well, just submitted another ticket.  We'll see how close I got this time.  As I stated, the questions are not always abundantly clear as to which account it refers.

And, after finishing the ticket, I see:"

Don’t worry, we will also send you an email when you have a response – make sure to check your email spam folder.

"

And, yes, before, I received no emails.  Yes, I checked the spam folder.  I checked the email address on my account.  Looks good.  I received the "Welcome to the Public Mobile Community" email, so, I know they have the right number 🙂   But I didn't get squat.

So, as I said, I resubmitted, I know that I have to live here for the next few days to receive updates, and we'll see what happens.

thanks for your help!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @wlknum02 ,

It almost sounds like the Moderators are asking you to verify your Public Mobile account.

Is this what you are referring to...A response to a ticket you submitted? 

You are going to need to clarify with whomever you are in communication with, I would say.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@wlknum02 wrote:

So, trying this again, as it didn't work, and I thought this said that it would send me email updates, so I don't have to check in here all the time, but I never received anything, so this has been very disappointing so far.

1) When it says "Name of account holder", do they mean for the new Public account, or the old Koodoo account?  In this case, it's two different things.  Please have your content management team create better prompts on their forms.

2) I'm not there yet, but I believe it asks for the last 4 from my credit card number... now, again, it doesn't say if it's for the new Public account, or the old Koodoo account.  Again, in this case, two different things.

1. Name of Koodo account holder if asking port-related confirmation details, otherwise your Public Mobile account name if for ticket submitting confirmation purposes
  2. If it doesn't specify, I would presume for new Public Mobile account. (as i doubt Public Mobile would ask for payment card confirmation details from another provider - even if a sister company)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wlknum02 wrote:

Did you already submit a ticket to port in your Koodo number? Did you get any reply??

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.